Is this possible?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jvazquez53

El Tractor
Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
I called to go and check a 88 FJ62, for $1,500.00 OBO. I asked the owner if anything was wrong with the truck and the guy told me that the only thing wrong with the truck is that # 5 cylinder is gone. he said that he removed the cylinder and the connecting rod and the truck runs, very rough. This does sound totally wrong. If this possible??:confused:

I don't know that it is even worth 1500 as a parts truck... 5 cylinders?

I did hear about a guy in mexico blocking of a cylinder w/ wood or something crazy once.

I don't even need it as a parts truck, this is the craziest thing I ever heard.:eek:

So I guess the #5 injector was disabled; otherwise the oil would be diluted with fuel......I still don't see how it run even half-ass being unmetered air from the crankcase would be present in the intake..... well I suppose someone could install a block-off plate over the block top or intake opening......who knows?

You can wager the block needs to bored.........if it was fixable cheap they would have done it............

No way I'd give 1500$

Maybe 500 if the body is in fair shape.........

Could disconnect the injector and cut off the rocker arms I suppose.

id say its possible... i had a 89 ford probe that ran for about a month after i blew a hole in the block about the size of my fist, the number 1 piston was completely demolished, i pulled all the pieces out of the hole and it ran fine, it filled the entire inside of the car full of smoke an i had to stick my head out it went through oil like it was going out of style but it worked!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom