is this possible? modding side markers / corner lamps on LX470 2003+ to blink (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone seen a modification that enables the side markers / corner lamps of a LX470 ('03+) to blink with the turn signal?

Has anyone seen a modification that enables the side markers / corner lamps of a LX470 ('03+) to blink with the turn signal?
I spliced the factory turn signal wiring into the corner lamps with my front end conversion. I can grab a few pictures today possibly and post them here

I literally cut my blinker socket out and moved it to the corner lamp location. It’s much brighter than the little corner lamp bulb and when I blow a bulb I just get a turn signal bulb like usual.

I spliced the factory turn signal wiring into the corner lamps with my front end conversion.

Same here. I just replaced mine with LC corner lamp housings and rerouted then wired the turn signal lead from the bumper into corner lamp. they function as parking lights and blinkers now.

Using the search function you should be able to find a couple of threads that show part numbers and steps to convert LX corners to blinking turn signal/markers.

I spliced the factory turn signal wiring into the corner lamps with my front end conversion. I can grab a few pictures today possibly and post them here

Awesome, just wiring, no need to add resistors or anything fancy? Thank you!

Same here. I just replaced mine with LC corner lamp housings and rerouted then wired the turn signal lead from the bumper into corner lamp. they function as parking lights and blinkers now.

Using the search function you should be able to find a couple of threads that show part numbers and steps to convert LX corners to blinking turn signal/markers.

Couldn't quite find it when searching for marker lamp, maybe I'm using the wrong terminology?

Everything that you need to know for this mod is in these threads that I have attached from a quick search. Just be aware that many (including myself) have cut, spliced and soldered in the blinker light wire to complete this conversion to the corner lamp.

However if you have a pick tool and some patience, I believe that it is possible to remove the terminal from the blinker connector and free up enough wire to route it up to the corner connector to convert it without cutting/splicing. There should be info confirming this in one of these threads below. If I recall correctly only some loom and wire ties would need to be cut and not wires in the harness.

Good luck on your mod!

LX470 corner light to turn signal conversion

LX470 corner light mod to accept larger turn signal socket 90075-99106

LX470 Turn Signal/Marker Light Conversion Help

LX470 Marker Lights Switch

LX470 turn signal relocation

ARB on an LX470 (Turn Signal Clarification)

Everything that you need to know for this mod is in these threads that I have attached from a quick search. Just be aware that many (including myself) have cut, spliced and soldered in the blinker light wire to complete this conversion to the corner lamp.

However if you have a pick tool and some patience, I believe that it is possible to remove the terminal from the blinker connector and free up enough wire to route it up to the corner connector to convert it without cutting/splicing. There should be info confirming this in one of these threads below. If I recall correctly only some loom and wire ties would need to be cut and not wires in the harness.

Good luck on your mod!

LX470 corner light to turn signal conversion

LX470 corner light mod to accept larger turn signal socket 90075-99106

LX470 Turn Signal/Marker Light Conversion Help

LX470 Marker Lights Switch

LX470 turn signal relocation

ARB on an LX470 (Turn Signal Clarification)

Thank you for helping me here... will study these and see if I have the skills to attempt this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom