Is This Part Available??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

mot

Threads
I need a little Mud wisdom here!

This is a pic of what my aftermarket anti-sway bar components look like (See attachment).

Apparently I should have removed the bar(s) before I went wheeling. :doh:

I searched to see what the US-spec 80's set up looks like, whether it has identical bracketries, etc... with little success.

Is the part that is sheered off a common part for the US-spec 80, whether it be for '91-'92 or '93-'97?

If so (or even if not), do any of you happen to have a part number(s) for the RH and LH brackets, as well as the U-shaped metal bracket that hold the sway bars (front and back)?

I am hoping that they're readily available here in the US (from Onur or CDan) and avoid trying to order them from OZ or Japan (if they're available new still/at all).

Just an FYI, but the reason I'm sounding retarded is because my set-up is JDM part-time 4WD, so I was not exactly sure if the sway-bar set-up was identical with any of the US-spec models. I'm really hoping so...

Thanks in advance for your input!

Mot

Front3.JPG

Mott,
Just looked under my 92 and it's identical.
Where'd you get that sway bar...it's huge compared to stock.

Schnieb,

Thanks so much for taking the time to have looked at it!

I'll have to try to see if I could find out what the part numbers for them would be, whether they're identical/similar to the '93+ set-up, if they're still available new or someone who no longer uses them are willing to part with them.

BTW, those bars are made/sold by a 4x4 shop in Japan called, well, "4x4 Engineering".

I know there are other options out there, but I really liked how it made it handle on-road. I could take mid- to high-speed sweepers with confidence, not that you should drive our trucks like sports cars. It made driving on twisty roads/canyons almost enjoyable.

I'm just glad to hear you got that thing on the trail Mot! Where did you go to sustain the carnage?

...via IH8MUD app

LOL, CDan's wife took a vid of one of the runs.

I'll have to find it from my crapped out laptop. ;)

indeed, big sway bars are good for the highway, not so good for the trail . . . .

looks like 4x4engineering may be an asian brand. Whiteline sells some larger bars too, about $500 for the set, but I am gonna see how much i can improve the road manners of my cruiser by replacing worn bushings. installing new shocks and ome springs has helped a lot already.

Yeah, it's a well-known brand in Japan.

I imagine replacing worn bushings and even metal pins would help with the way it handles.

Good luck!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom