Is this OEM? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Im curious if this part is OEM or not. It goes in place of the stereo and has a T for what I would assume in Toyota. If it is OEM is there a want for this item... Im curious because Im going to hack it up but wanted to make sure it wasnt of value to anyone. Pics for clicks:popcorn:

IMGP4619.jpg

IMGP4620.jpg

:flipoff2:

definately OEM but not worth alot I think:)

Yes it's a factory stereo cover for the cut-out.

Feel free to cut it up, as it's yours... ...but for the greater good of landcruisers around you, consider selling it to someone as a restoration part.
If you need something to fill the hole, it's just as easy to hack a piece of sheet aluminum or steel.

Replicas are regularly sold for about $30.00

I will purchase it from you if it is original. Please PM me. JMP

By the looks of it is real it should have the plastic tabs that hold it in place when inserted,Toyota does not carry these anymore and they are very hard to find,there is a guy you molds repros for cheap but I believe they do not have the tabs on the back.
If you are going to chuck it I will take it off your hands.

It does have tabs. Its snaps in to place of the OEM stereo slot. I have no means of chucking this away at all. I was just curious I wasnt going to hack at something that is of value... I had a feeling it would be of value I was excited when I found this stuck behind some carpet in my cruiser and it fit in the stereo slot.

so THATS what that panel is...i have on in my FJ and didnt realise it was a pop out panel...im planning on putting a radio in the FJ so i guess ill just put it in place of that panel...

so THATS what that panel is...i have on in my FJ and didnt realise it was a pop out panel...im planning on putting a radio in the FJ so i guess ill just put it in place of that panel...

don't count on a modern radio fitting in that space. It's too small. get a tuffy and put it in there. :)

i can tell u this.. i had better luck finding a set of OEM soft top bows than finding that little piece of plastic! Don't hack it up.. you may regret it.. very rare.. and cool.

A question to those out here who have bought the replicas out there on ebay and wherever.. because i've thought about it many times but haven't pulled the trigger. Do you have to modify it in any way to make it pop in place or what?? This is the first i've heard about them not having tabs in the back.. Thanx.

I am not going to tell you what I paid for one that was original in good shape... because I am embarrassed for what I paid for it…. Don’t cut it… if you don’t want it ebay it and you will be surprised how much you will get for it…

You paid over $100 for one too?

The re pops on ebay are DEAD NUTS, the only way to verify not OE is to have an OE and weigh them. The OE is heavy in comparision to the re pop.

No one could ever know...... Kinda like some of those decals I have seen on eBay. ;)

Shane

Do you have an estimate as to how much the oem one weighs??

No idea, it is also more ridged, but like I said there is NO way to tell unless you have both side by side.

Do you have an estimate as to how much the oem one weighs??

24 grams, according to the wife's kitchen scale.

Just weighed the one I pulled out of my '78 about 31 years ago. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom