Is this leak my heater core? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Please say no....I really don't need another project on this right now....just got everything dialed in. Wife noticed a drip. The AC and heat are working (we're in TX), but my first thought is that it's my core.....Hoping someone says no, and it's an easy fix.

Thanks.

IMG_3685.jpg

IMG_3686.jpg

Bypass the heater core for a while and see if it stops dripping ;)

When you run your air conditioner when parked, do you see a puddle of water underneath after a while (you should). Water that condenses out of the air when it is cooled drips into a pan and there is a drain hose that empties it onto the ground. If that drain hose gets plugged, then the drip tray may overflow into the interior of the car. This is why previous posters are asking if your drip is hot or cold.

yeah my drain hose got plugged and would wet my carpet at the same spot. Detached the hose from the inside and pushed a pipe cleaner in it to clear. Be sure to have a container ready to catch the water that will flow out if this is your problem. I am in TX as well and you should get a nice puddle under your car when running the AC from the condensation that flow through the firewall and to the ground through the drain hose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom