Is this Jacobs chuck repairable? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

alia176

SILVER Star
Threads
I have no idea how I managed to break this jaw but if it's repairable I would love to repair it. I've already replaced the chuck with an identical unit but it's never a bad idea to have a spare.

Before anyone asks, I did not use this drill press as a milling machine.:flipoff2:

20210302_103737.jpg

20210302_103746.jpg

1614726439422.png

Last edited:
Ah yes, the pleasures of using chinesium tools...
If it's just the one jaw broken at the tip, just cut the other ones to the same length? and that may not even be necessary if you stick the bit in far enough.

(and dammit, stop using your drill press as a mill, FCOL... :) )

suuuure...

I would have commented on the fact that it ain't a Jacobs chuck, it's a Harvest chuck, but that would be overly pedantic... Oooops, did it anyway, dang it....

anyway, I don't think that this missing bit of jaw would necessarily dramatically impact how strongly you can hold the bit, but certainly will to some extent. So it ain't great. But probably still usable.
Now if it were a real Jacobs chuck you could buy new jaws for it, but those would cost more than 2 or 3 of your Harvest chuck probably, so that's a questionable move. Then again it it were a Jacobs chuck, the jaw probably would not have broken (well if you don't use it like a mill that is... :) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom