Is this fixable or should I just replace it (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just curious if anyone has repaired a spring that has bent his badly. I have a fj40 spring that I could use to replace but it has a military wrap on it and I am not sure if it really is the same as what I have on my truck. It was a tough day on the trial, messed up quite a bit on the front-end...

Any input would be really appreciated.

Carm
IMG_0183.jpg

not sure the 40 spring is the correct length and has the center pin in the correct spot.

definetly needs replacing either way.

anti inversion shackles should probably be on the list while your at it.

Paul

is that PS fluid all over the frame rail?

not sure the 40 spring is the correct length and has the center pin in the correct spot.

definetly needs replacing either way.

anti inversion shackles should probably be on the list while your at it.

Paul

is that PS fluid all over the frame rail?

Yeah it was a tough day. Lots went wrong...

Bummer day yo. That sucks. I had same issue. I got some anti inversion shackles shortly after. I also tried 40 springs and it was a no go. Center pin wrong place. I actually swapped to fj60 front springs. A touch wider and requires different size bolts but definitely doable and ride very nice.
Jake

I have a set of Safari springs that are not being used. They are in western CO PM me if you're interested.

Jon

Carmon, get anything figured out? I would need a few days to pull the set off I have. Paul

Alcan is your friend

A good spring shop can line that out cheaper then it cost to get new ones. ANTI INVERSION SHACKLES

Pfftttt

It's an excuse to get new springs

are you kidding me?

Yeah yeah... I am thinking more about going SOA now that she is down and out... Mario, what springs did you use for your SOA setup?

Good old TRD's OEM for now going to feel them out then prob going the custon routh we got a really good spring shop on here in houston. I want some stiff spring in the rear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom