Is this f155 and transmission worth anything? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello! Thanks for checking out this post. Currently tearing apart a 1973 FJ40. It’s been sitting for what we know to be 30+ years. F155 motor, 3-speed manual transmission. Now here’s the big kicker. The oil pan is non-existent. For an unknown reason, I have no idea why.

Can someone somehow use parts off this? Do I have it hauled away for junk? Hasn’t been pulled yet, but will be doing hopefully soon once I have a plan for where it’s going.

Thanks for any insight!

If you post an ad in classifieds, you are guaranteed some nibbles. Depends on whether you want to get involved in shipping, which can eat up a lot of time. And of course everyone who responds will want pictures, so you need to be prepared to deal with that too.

If you’re near Rapid City, Edgar @Redgrrr may be able to help you. He’s a regular on here, and a good guy to know in general.😊

Not sure where in South Dakota you are but I have a 83 2F, 4 speed and a split case if you wanna upgrade the drive train and keep it Toyota pure…I’m in rapid city.

As for being worth anything depends how the cruiser has sat. Have a 73 that was last registered in 1988. I've had it since 1994. I haven't tried to start it since 1994. Engine would start but won't keep running. Electrical problem. Even though I don't plan on using the running gear I would be surprised if it wouldn't start. Engine never been exposed to the elements and in dry AZ. If the cruiser was in a garage the whole time could be salvageable. If nothing else always some worth salvaging.

If you post an ad in classifieds, you are guaranteed some nibbles. Depends on whether you want to get involved in shipping, which can eat up a lot of time. And of course everyone who responds will want pictures, so you need to be prepared to deal with that too.

If you’re near Rapid City, Edgar @Redgrrr may be able to help you. He’s a regular on here, and a good guy to know in general.😊
Hey @65swb45 thank you for your reply! Any idea what dollar amount is a good starting point for motor/trans and transfer case? That’s assuming I don’t think I can use the transfer case for my SBC 350 with a TH350 transmission set up I plan on doing. Thanks again!

Not sure where in South Dakota you are but I have a 83 2F, 4 speed and a split case if you wanna upgrade the drive train and keep it Toyota pure…I’m in rapid city.

Hey @Redgrrr thank you for your reply! I’m located in Sioux Falls. Intending on doing a SBC350 TH350 drivetrain for this one. What’s the price you have on that setup? Just curious. Is it rebuilt? Thanks again.

As for being worth anything depends how the cruiser has sat. Have a 73 that was last registered in 1988. I've had it since 1994. I haven't tried to start it since 1994. Engine would start but won't keep running. Electrical problem. Even though I don't plan on using the running gear I would be surprised if it wouldn't start. Engine never been exposed to the elements and in dry AZ. If the cruiser was in a garage the whole time could be salvageable. If nothing else always some worth salvaging.

I appreciate your reply @Living in the Past ! Pretty sure this one hasn’t been turned over since the late 80‘s. Sounds like you have a potentially super clean 40! AZ, out of the elements for that long? Let’s see a picture!! Haha.

Had a 72 hard top and doors (red doors sitting in the back) and the bows/soft doors inside. It was a sore subject in the house at the time but for some reason just hung on to it all these years.
IMG_20200920_144315163_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200920_144424696_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200920_144457794.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom