Is this cruzer lifted? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all,
new to the site. can anyone tell what kind of lift if any is on my 71 fj-40. The springs are in decent shape, the shackles look pretty dated. The rear shackles about 6-8" long. Currently there are 32" BF goodrich tires on it. Is there any way to tell how much lift is currently on the rig. Thanks.
Josh

Last edited:
Hello all,
new to the site. can anyone tell what kind of lift if any is on my 71 fj-40. The springs are in decent shape, the shackles look pretty dated. The rear shackles about 6-8" long. Currently there are 32" BF goodrich tires on it. Is there any way to tell how much lift is currently on the rig. Thanks.
Josh

picture would be nice!

Hi All:

Sorry, but that photo is at the wrong angle to judge the vehicle's suspension!

Measure the distance between the axle tube and the bump stops and let us know that.

Good luck!

Alan

Looks to be sitting on the garage floor to me ;)

I'd say that from the angle and tire size adn shackle length that there is about a 4" overall lift above factory settings... I could be wrong though...

Get a plumb bob and a note book and tape measure... :)

My guess is stock suspension with extended shackles, at least that's what it looks like from that angle..

X2

The stock shackles are only like 4" between pin centers. It's VERY common for people to compensate for sagging rear springs by putting on longer shackles.

Like Alan said, get some measurements under the bumpstops.

x3..............

My guess is stock suspension with extended shackles, at least that's what it looks like from that angle..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom