Is this carburetor correct for my 74 stock FJ40 ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads

I’m not trying to do a correct restoration, but it has an old Holley on it now that’s junk

I think that's a somewhat generic chinese knock off. It may work, but Toyota OEM from one of the Mud supporting vendors would be a better choice, IMO.

I think that's a somewhat generic chinese knock off. It may work, but Toyota OEM from one of the Mud supporting vendors would be a better choice, IMO.
Thank you , can you please point me towards one of the mud vendors?
I’ve looked , but didn’t see any carburetors

I highly recommend giving @65swb45 a call on the phone at his shop in Burbank. His rebuilt carbs are legendary and the technical assistance you receive over the phone will be something that is getting rarer in this world. A proper OEM carb is not cheap. Good luck.

Also this page is a great visual guide...

CityRacerLLC is great if you want a new oem carb, the only catch is I believe they are all vor desmoged rigs.

I highly recommend giving @65swb45 a call on the phone at his shop in Burbank. His rebuilt carbs are legendary and the technical assistance you receive over the phone will be something that is getting rarer in this world. A proper OEM carb is not cheap. Good luck.
Good idea ! Do you have a number ?

Be a bit prepared for the sticker shock associated with the core, the rebuild and the OEM linkage and air cleaner you will want.

The CityRacerLLC generic replacement is another option.
These are really good points. If you are not running a 74 or earlier air cleaner you’ll need to procure one. And, they mount to the head by removing two of the head bolts, another potential spot for mission creep.

These are really good points. If you are not running a 74 or earlier air cleaner you’ll need to procure one. And, they mount to the head by removing two of the head bolts, another potential spot for mission creep.
I’m not concerned with the air cleaner , I can adapt
It had an old Holley with a cheap chrome air cleaner now

CityRacerLLC is great if you want a new oem carb, the only catch is I believe they are all vor desmoged rigs.
His '74 is exempt in CA.

I think you could get a CityRacer carb to work and pass smog. You'd need a CA primary jet (really small) and you'd need to get creative with the vacuum hose routing, which they don't check too closely. Mostly you just can't have any open ports or unconnected hoses.

Heck yea ! I’m in Meiners Oaks

Looks like you need some help. I kinda like those wheels though.

1623445327402.png

Looks like you need some help. I kinda like those wheels though.

View attachment 2701093
Jeebus, you still have that picture Eddy ?
lol , Thankfully I’m fully retired now , and want to get my 40 on the road , I have tool boxes in back with $16k in new parts I bought at Spectre
I have the computer and throttle body injection for the stock 11/2 F , but I want to get it on the road first .

Jeebus, you still have that picture Eddy ?
lol , Thankfully I’m fully retired now , and want to get my 40 on the road , I have tool boxes in back with $16k in new parts I bought at Spectre
I have the computer and throttle body injection for the stock 11/2 F , but I want to get it on the road first .

That's the current version of google street view. I didn't include it in my reply so you could edit your address out. :idea:

That's the current version of google street view. I didn't include it in my reply so you could edit your address out. :idea:
Lol , I was going to say , it’s not there anymore!
Google is way old My task today was supposed to be changing out the passenger side motor mount , for an AC one that Bogus gave me , as he said ( “ I have no use for
steenking AC in my FJ55 !!!”) I on the other hand would not have a 40 in Ojai without AC ,
We have a lot of catching up to do , I went to Texas August 2014, for a 6 week project, stayed 51/2 years $$$$ came home for Xmas
2019 , then Covid hit , and never went back
Starting over with my life and projects, never been happier

Last edited:
Love of my life , she love her Papa

CEF74BF1-1BBA-4BBC-B4F3-E70E983C0948.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom