Is this Carb for a LC? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is this a stock LC Carb?

I pulled this carb off a 79 fj40 and started disassembling but it does not look right to me. I does not match the rebuild kit, and the stamp says 260 ej. Can anyone help?

I removed the linkage here on the left.

Thanks for the help.
IMG_4594.jpg

Last edited:
Are you asking if it is a stock carb? Guess I am confused by your question...

That is a factory LC carb. I believe it is a mid 70's California Emissions unit.

edit: you need the right carb kit. You have to get one for a cali truck

Im pretty sure thats what the carb on my 79 looks like. Ill snap some pics tonight. Ill be desmogging and putting a Trollhole on if I do anything to it.

I pulled this carb off a 79 fj40 and started disassembling but it does not look right to me. I does not match the rebuild kit, and the stamp says 260 ej. Can anyone help?

I removed the linkage here on the left.

Thanks for the help.

That stamping doesn't make any sense. If it's from a '79, it should read something like 9 A 15. 9 for 1979, A for January, 15 for the 15th day of the month. For example.

heres a pic of the carn off my 79...

Just for reference.

IMG_0392.jpg

Thanks for the pic. I think I am almost done with the rebuild. It only had 1 jet I guess that is normal.
Does anyone know where I can find an idle screw? The long pointed screw was bent like an "s" I tried to bend it back and broke it.

SOR can order them it looks like. I might try Jim C or Dan. Otherwise i would be looking for a used carb to steal it from.

Thanks for the pic. I think I am almost done with the rebuild. It only had 1 jet I guess that is normal.
Does anyone know where I can find an idle screw? The long pointed screw was bent like an "s" I tried to bend it back and broke it.

Looks like other '79 FJ40 carbs I've seen. What about hte kit didn't look right? Make sure the jets in your kit are the same size as the ones being relpaced (they're stamped on top).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom