Is this bad...radiator foaming (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was burping my radiator. Everything looked fine...I was following all the advice here....then fifteen minutes in ......foam.....

Is this blown head gasket??:confused:

Arrrrrggghhhhh!!!!!

I was just about to sell the dang thing (and buy a built cruiser)..

Mike

Hopefully I added the pictures right
radiator1.JPG
radiator2.JPG

Don't know for sure, never seen a HG blown radiator. How come you were burping it? Were you losing coolant before? How many miles on the vehicle? Has the engine overheated in it's history?

head gasket

I have blown quite a few headgaskets in various vehicles, and that is usually the first sign, check your oil, it will be milky looking. You will also find the temp guage going up often and losing water. good luck

uurrghh

Just overheated yesterday. I thought I might have caught it before it actually overheated, but now I doubt that.

Checked the oil and it seems thin, like maybe mixed with coolant, but hard to tell. I am using synthetic for the first time in a while and I am not sure what the consistency should be.

So......how expensive is it to replace the head gasket thinking shop rates - - - I am too busy to even think about doing this.

White smoke coming out of the exhaust would be another indicator of HG failure. Don't know about shop rates but try using an advance search in the 60's section.

arrgh

Well, the oil definitely seems to be diluted...with coolant, so I am going to take this f%^%$ truck out to the woods and shoot it full of holes tonight.

Well, maybe not.

I am actually into this truck so much that I have no choice but to spend another pile just to get it to condition to sell and recover a small portion of what I have into it.

These trucks are fun, but not cheap!! Oh well, it has been educational and fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom