Is this an Fj40? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rod

Threads
1969 fj40-3.png
1969 fl40.png

Hi all, i'm looking at buying a local vehicle that is titled as a 1969 fj40 but It doesn't look like any fj40 that i've ever seen. It is a right hand drive 2wd vehicle. It has what I believe is a gm 4 cyl engine with a powerglide auto trans. The brake master cylinder is on the frame under the right side of the body (drivers side) the fuel filler is at the rear of the vehicle right side, not by the right door. I will try to post pictures. Any idea what this is???
1969 fj40-2.png

The pictures are about the size of a postage stamp, but I'm gonna guess it's probably an old chopped top postal jeep with what looks like an FJ40 hood/fenders. GM 4-banger and powerglide would make it a 1968-1970's model DJ-5A

Front half looks like a '69 40..cld be a heep tub w not stock pwr train..if its toyo frame and susp..axles may be worth reasoning..chk vin front right frame behind bumper along frame rail..also pass side firewall..

It's hard to id with those pics but that looks like a fj20.

I can't post a link until I have been on the board for 2 days. You will be able to pull up bigger pictures at that time.

I am with the postal Jeep with a 40 front end on it crowd. The group that said stay away from it and the POS group have my vote as well.

[Monty Python mode]

Run away, run away!

[/Monty Python mode]

It is 100% a DJ-5A with a fj40 front parts. The curved wheel well is a good indicator, but the wide open door area with that slanted straight opening is mail jeep all the way, plus right hand drive. Everything says mail jeep.

is it 4 wheel drive i have a dj2a out back its our hunting lodge ,and its not a 4x4 but has that same engine .not much there even good for parts i would blow it up so no one has to go through the pain .

Run far away!

Man, tough crowd here. It's definitely a postal, at least the frame and everything from the firewall back. Front end looks like mostly land cruiser parts. I'm surprised that everything matches up as well as it does.

While I wouldn't pay FJ40 money for it, for the right price (i.e. really cheap), I might consider it just for some of the parts. They can be fun cars if you just want a toy to play around in, they were designed to be abused daily by postal workers, so most of them tended to be overbuilt compared to the normal jeeps. If you're looking for a true 4x4, then I'd pass, the cost to convert one wouldn't be worth it. Unlike 40's, parts for these jeeps are very cheap and extremely plentiful.

I think its a Delta Mini Cruiser, I think they came out of the Philippians

if it was close to me I would try to get it for a few bucks.......why not? no one else on the block will have one......and i always wanted a fj40 pedal car ;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom