Is this an Fj40? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

and looking closer.......its not even a Delta.

I guess I just didn't want to believe it was the postal jeep/40 combo........

Serious cheese.......................RUN, don't walk

image.jpg

The Delta MiniCruisers are way better than that :)

Here are some cool ones... Pic from I think FJ40garage?

image.jpg
image.jpg

maybe?? from the early 50s. grill and fenders are different so definitely some Frankenstein action to put that one together (these pics were taken from he thread of old 40 series pictures and made me think of this thread)

The OP one is an ex Postal Jeep, DJ5A '68-69. Sold off in the mid to late 1970's by the PO in the thousands for between about $400. - $1000. per.

Some of them got converted into pretty cool 4X4's, some into not-so-cool and strange things. Some went overseas to missions and other uses. A lot were parking ticket cops, rural carriers vehicles, you name it.

Google images turns up a bunch of ideas for your especially good FJ40 facsimile, although many of the photos show later model DJ5B, C, D, F, L, and M.
Later models were made by AMC with AMC running gear and thinner steel, but the earlier Jeep versions were as stout as other CJ Jeeps. The "D" stands for "delivery" in case anyone hasn't guessed it.
postal dj5a - Google Search

That Delta is kinda' neat - a cruiser for little people.

Last edited:
This vehicle was listed about a month ago and the seller, at that time, was pretty honest in the ad about it being a frankencruiser. I believe it was sold as a being the postal jeep with the fj40 front clip. I wonder if someone is trying to flip it now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom