Is this a stock wheel from my 40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've seen wheels with 8 holes, some with 6. Which one was stock? I have recently removed my wheels hoping they are stock but now not so sure.
The pic is my recent sand blasted/powdercoated wheel. Whatever it is I need a 5th one for a spare if anyone knows where I can get one.
Thanks

Guess it may help to know it came off my 1982 fj40 and is stamped 15/80
82 fj40 wheel.jpg

I had those "wagon" wheels on my ride then got some OEM wheels, you can see the wagons in my rotw thread below and on post 4 I had the new ones on. Hth

I was afraid of that so is the 6 cutout wheel OEM?

There are a crap load of wheels similiar to mine on mud pics, must have been a popular wheel at time.

I was afraid of that so is the 6 cutout wheel OEM?

There were, but that's not one of them. The cutouts are different.

There are a crap load of wheels similiar to mine on mud pics, must have been a popular wheel at time.

They were the cheapest aftermarket wheels available.

Is this what I want?

This is my spare, so prob need 4 of these, crapola looks like a few more dollars down the tube.
82 spare wheel.jpg

IIRC the stock wheels with cutouts were introduced in 79.

actually it was '81 model year, they look like the pic of the black rim, easier way to recognize them is they look like 60 series rims, just not chrome, they are white.

So the pic of the black rim would be stock? These are for my 82. The inside of black wheel is white so assuming original color?

Rigger that is a beautiful rig!!!

Not wanting to sound like a dumass..but looks like the repainted black rim is what I want?

Nice fellow mudder has already put me on 4 others possibly for sale. So what tire size would fit this rim with 2.5 ome lift.

Damn shame the wagon wheels look good in like new condition after picking them up from shop. should have done a little more homework on the subject

That is the one you want...most 2.5 in lift guys use 33 x 10.5 tires with those stock rims. i like the way that combo looks too.

Thank you all for the help.

Know anyone wanting 4 like new wagon wheels..HA. Just paid good money to make em new!

Here is an '82 with stock rims/wheels, and the correct color for these rims/wheels.

EDIT: I have seen pics of people taking stock 60 rims, and having them sandblasted and painted this color...really nice!!!
1982-FJ40-a.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom