x (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2x Not stock.

Sm420 with probably a homemade adapter,there were lots of aftermarket and homedrew adapters over the years.

I bought an SM420 several years ago that came with a 2 inch thick adapter that looks suspiciously similar. It also had a stepped spline main shaft that had been swapped in, that made a clean adaption to Toyota 10 spline case. Brian Sullivan has it if you want to contact. So it was an available product at one time in the past. I vaguely recollect that advanced adaptors had made the special main shaft for the SM420.

Probably the first person in the world to put a sm420 in a cruiser was Earl Warden, and his adapter plate was about one inch thick. I don’t think you could go any thinner because you need to have two bearings on the output shaft and one of them is in the plate.

Probably the first person in the world to put a sm420 in a cruiser was Earl Warden, and his adapter plate was about one inch thick. I don’t think you could go any thinner because you need to have two bearings on the output shaft and one of them is in the plate.

You may be right. I was going off a old article that was in the TLC Trails. Believe it was Danny Warden who was making a new SM420 adapter. He showed the one old he was removing. It had a plate I thought was a 1/2" but may have been 1". I just remember the one old had a hybrid shaft that was full length. Who ever it was I contacted them and bought the old adapter. Wanted it because would work with a PTO winch and Fairey Overdrive. Never found a decent SM420 and sold the adapter years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom