Is this a stock setup?- Carburetor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just wondering if this is stock or not (manifold to carb adapter). Showed a couple of pics to some vendors and they hadn’t seen a setup like this. It’ll be getting replaced with the sniper kit from @FJ60Cam. Looks to be a two barrel manifold with an adapter to a single. These early 69s confuse me.
FA0E4D7B-6852-41CE-B8D7-1CAED10B6BAD.jpeg

I think that is a D40 carb 1966?, but as stated it looks like a 1969 long runner manifold

carb has some value to certain members.

I just wasn’t sure if in early ‘69 they put that carb on there with the adapter. I just assumed it was stock and was going to keep it boxed up.

Lots of carb experts on this forum. I'm certainly not one of them. ;). However I understand that 3/69-9/69 is that funny transition era where both 1 bbl and 2 bbl carbs were available, or a least a possibility or an option. Your setup confirms this. By the way, that's a sweet carb.

I believe that set up is stock on 68 and 69.

I have a rebuild kit for those years that I am willing to let go for a good price

Use EXTRA care when separating the adapter plate from the manifold. The insulator between them is thin, fragile, and hard to come by.

@JackA is right: 68& early’69.

Use EXTRA care when separating the adapter plate from the manifold. The insulator between them is thin, fragile, and hard to come by.

@JackA is right: 68& early’69.
Thanks for the tip! I was planning on being careful with everything, seeing as there are a lot of one year only pieces on here.

Thanks for the tip! I was planning on being careful with everything, seeing as there are a lot of one year only pieces on here.

Bought my 68 in 1974. By then the original owner had switched the stock carburetor for a one barrel Carter. After years of running a bunch of aftermarket carburetors I finally located the stock one barrel carburetor. I'm curious where the wire for the idle solenoid goes. Right now I just wired it to positive wire at the coil.

FYI that is aftermarket oil filter. Correct is the canister type with replacable element.

Bought my 68 in 1974. By then the original owner had switched the stock carburetor for a one barrel Carter. After years of running a bunch of aftermarket carburetors I finally located the stock one barrel carburetor. I'm curious where the wire for the idle solenoid goes. Right now I just wired it to positive wire at the coil.

FYI that is aftermarket oil filter. Correct is the canister type with replacable element.
Yes it is an aftermarket oil filter. The lines are way too close to the exhaust for my liking. Bought some lines and oil filter base from @RLMS

John, if you look at the valve cover, there is a 1/4” wide metal tab on the back half that was used to hold the solenoid wire down where it crossed over to the coil. ;)

John, if you look at the valve cover, there is a 1/4” wide metal tab on the back half that was used to hold the solenoid wire down where it crossed over to the coil. ;)

So got it Land in the stock location. Was able to location the stock fuel line and copper tube for the vacuum retard. Now just need to shorten the wire I ran behind valve cover and run it over the cover.

Yup, poor design. Especially when the coil is upside down and you have to undo the wire every six months to adjust your valves.

I added a bullet connector to mine. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom