Is this a reasonable price for a LR? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Jomama

Lucideye
Threads
I realize this is the cruiser forum, but I don't visit a rover forum.

Theres a 1993 Defender 110 here at the dealership being sold on consignment. 61k, lockers, winch, etc. They want $58,000.
I realize this is a rare vehicle but I was suprised at the price I guess. Just curious what others take would be on it?

Cheers!

I think (if Ford still plans on it) people want to dump the Defender before they start importing the Defender again. Was it the 4DR or Jeep version? I like the 4DR version of the Defender.
kurt

[quote author=moralien link=board=2;threadid=3810;start=0#msg27977 date=1058679096]
Then start :mad:
http://www.discoweb.org/
[/quote]

ok, my bad :-[

also, thought I posted this in the chat sec.. woops ??? my bad

[quote author=Jomama link=board=2;threadid=3810;start=0#msg27961 date=1058671714]
They want $58,000.
[/quote]

:eek:

I've got a 1994 LC that I am willing to part with for half that. You mail me a cashiers check for $29k and we'll call it even. I'd even be doing you a favor by getting you a newer truck that is by far the better product. I know you weren't seriously considering buying that beater, but my offer stands. I'll even deliver it anywhere in the nation myself. :D

I thought they were less new!!! Test drive that bad boy, now sway bars !?? It tosses and rolls all over the place. Just like some of us might pay a little more for lockers I think they are looking for some LR nut who wants to be "ONE OF THE FEW" with one of those trucks. Knew a guy with a D-90. Bought it new and put like 70k on it. Expected to get 35,000 for it. Never did. I think he finally settled for somewhere around 20,000.

Kurt,

The 110 is a 4 door, the 90 is a 2 door. IIRC the number in the vehicle name denotes the wheel base of said vehicle.

Ok Jim,

I didn't count the cargo doors :p

Was I right about the wheel base?

1993 was the last year that the D110 was leagally brought into the states by LR. As I understand LR did the mods to make them leagal for the US and this adds to the value. They are sought after because of the size and all the goodies by the LR crowd. I think that there is one for sale that was intended for Jimmy Buffet.

Which engine does it have in it? The 300 TDI? I want one.

Stacey

[quote author=cruiserdan link=board=2;threadid=3810;start=0#msg28026 date=1058716646]
Was I right about the wheel base?
[/quote]

Yep.

[quote author=Jomama link=board=2;threadid=3810;start=0#msg27961 date=1058671714]
Is this a reasonable price for a LR?
[/quote]

I didn't realize there was such a thing! :D

:eek:
For a second I thought somebody messed around with my computer and linked me to another forum!!! :D

[quote author=cruiserdan link=board=2;threadid=3810;start=0#msg28020 date=1058713877]
Kurt,

The 110 is a 4 door, the 90 is a 2 door. IIRC the number in the vehicle name denotes the wheel base of said vehicle.
[/quote]

Dan you're not wrong - I was being pedantic.

90/110 denotes the length of the wheel base in inches (from the centre of the wheel hubs). 90's are actually 92.9 inches wheelbase so u can get a bale of hay in the back!

You can also get the 130 (130 inch wheelbase). Oh, and yeah the 127 Rapier chassis

Cheers, Jim

58k for piece of 93 dung .....

.... or .....

about 5 80 series cruisers, with factory lockers, for less than the same cost ...

Gee, that's a toughie.

:flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

I was never considering this as a purchase. Just thought that they were asking a ridiculous price for it. I was expecting maybey a 30k pricetag or something as I walked up to it. I had a hard time talking to the guy there for a min without laughing in his face about the price.
cheers

As a point of comparison:

>I need to part with my 1993 NAS Defender 110. V8, 200k klms, 5
> speed,
> winch, safari rack, six hellas, new NRP stainless steel exhaust, new
> fuel pump, new water pump, new wires. CDN$49,000 or best offer.

So, this has about (pronounced the Canadian way) 120K miles and is for sale for approximately US$31,000. So, in my mind that price is a bit rich, although you would have to import this to the US (relatively simple process given that it's NAS).

My view is that if I had ONE truck for my current use, the 80 is the one. If I could have a 'stable' of trucks I would have some LRs among others (LC40, LC BJ60, LR D110, LR Series IIA Wagon, LR D130 Crew Cab, LR 101 Forward Control and a 4x4 VW Westfalia camper to start :))

Cheers, Hugh

[quote author=Jomama link=board=2;threadid=3810;start=0#msg28188 date=1058805853]
I was never considering this as a purchase. Just thought that they were asking a ridiculous price for it. I was expecting maybey a 30k pricetag or something as I walked up to it. I had a hard time talking to the guy there for a min without laughing in his face about the price.
cheers
[/quote]
That's ok Jomama. Maybe it was just your turn for a good buttkicking. :D

Prices of those pos's will be coming down soon, just like your momma and prices of Gwagons. :D :D

If you ever need a reason NOT to get a Rover, just go over to discoweb.org and see what kind of BS those guys throw around! Makes me very happy to see what those of us here have, and what Woody has provided with his hard work!

-H-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom