Is this a new front bumper from Slee? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wrench

One Bashed Up 80
Threads
Is this a new bumper offered by Slee? For the 80? :D
187.jpg

It is a one off that the selfish so and so is taunting us with.

In order to get one you have to send Christo TWO smashed 80's and a blank check........He will notify you by registered mail when it is ready.......After your check clears of course. :D

I was asking about the bumper. Not the truck.

I was refering to the bumper.

It will not fit a regular 80 unless you chop the s**t out of the front of the frame...........

Think of it as a kit.......2 80's plus a cool bumper = FSLEEJ80

Regards...Dan

in one of his last replies on the S.O.R. forum he indicated this was the "bowtie" bumper......have you called them up to see if its going into production? does look pretty good(but i just got an ARB so im not looking)

doug

So far as we know it is NOT going into production :'(. Apparently Christo thinks that because you have to chop the frame to fit it, there will be a greatly reduced market for it. I don't know. That might not even be his reason. Sure is a GREAT looking and probably a GREAT performing bumper. :eek:

Ok from the horses mouth :D The bumper will not work on a regular 80 series. That truck has a 2" body lift, which allowed us to move the bumper up and stick the winch back. Also the winch is only 8k lbs. The frame is not chopped that much. We only cut the front at a 45 degree angle.

Also, if you look at the wings, you will see they are very short, since the fenders were cut to the top of the original flares. So they would be way to short for a regular truck.

Like I said,

He's selfish :D

Very nice piece! 8)

Darn! :(

I want a ShortBus Bumper!

I saw cog333's (IIRC) short bus in the "flesh"

:eek: artwork man.:D

Ya, I know exactly who to call when I can get the $$ :). I was digging through the archives, and chuckled a little bit when I saw this thread. Mud's come a long way huh. :D

dig deep buddy, go for it!:flipoff2:

They are pretty sweet....

I bumped this thread up because Slee rocks.
Chisto/Slee Excellent work on the ShortBus. :)

Honestly thought it would be fun to "bump" and original thread on the the OG ShortBus for newbies and the fact they available to the public now , and its origins ;).... and chuckled looking at posts from '03 :D

When I read the title, I thought this was a new ShortBus II Front Bumper...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom