1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this a good deal?

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by KSims1868, Aug 11, 2005.

1. KSims1868

KSims1868

I have found a 1986 Toyota 4Runner. Runs good (he says) and the 4x4 works. It is 5-speed and it is the 22re engine. Pretty much stock. Very little to no rust, and interior is in decent shape.

He says I can have it for $1500. Does that sound like a good price? It sounds pretty reasonable to me, but I haven't bought a 4-Runner in a long time.

2. skyshark186

skyshark186

Media:
    If he says is the truth it might be.

I personally dont get along well with "he says".

3. mabrodis

mabrodis

How many miles? $1500 would sound pretty good to me if it was under 200K miles, and if the interior was in good shape...normally the interior gets trashed/dirty, so it looks more worn inside than out.

To compare a buddy of mine just sold a '86 Toy truck, 4" lift, descent 33" tires, little rust but definetly some, no tailgate, dents all over, bed nowhere near perfect, wrecked hard twice, frame and body were from different vehicles, had a previous salvage title, now a state assigned VIN (I know this because we were the ones who put all this together), 190K miles, ran good, interior was sparce, not trashed, but not near perfect, drove wierd (pulled, creaked, etc)...sold it in one day for $1500 here in Denver...and the 4runner is usually more desirable than a truck...