is this a good deal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
im looking at a a 91 fj80, 160k miles, has a oME lift 305/70/16s
looks to be very well taken care of. asking price is 4k does that sound about right for a truck like this,or should i keep looking?
im looking for something i can have some occasional off road fun,

How about some pics???

Like most have said in all threads regarding "purchasing", maintenance records :)

heres a few pics,if get this , it will be my first 4x4. i like em cuz they come with a solid front axle. but from the little research ive done so far, ive found out that theses things dont have much power and get ****y mileage, my other option would be to get a 4runner around the same year and do a solid axle swap. what would make a better "not so daliy" driver and pretty capable off roader. budget around 5 grand including the truck?

Looks good, but I think I would stay away from the 1991-92's, as they have the smaller-less powerful engine, no full float rear axles, and no locker options.... just my .02

That is one of my fav. colors on a cruiser. I like that setup and looks sharp. If well maintained and not a DD, Even with 3fe you could have a blast in that. :)

I agree with crowd on the 1FZ-FE side (93+ yrs).

thanks for all the input guys, im gonna take a look at it 2morrow, no one gave me any opinions on plan B(doing a solid front 4runner)

Plan B :( no likey 4runners. I've have had both, and personally my 80 is light years better IMO. (My runner was a 96)

Looks good, but I think I would stay away from the 1991-92's, as they have the smaller-less powerful engine, no full float rear axles, and no locker options.... just my .02

yup. Look for a 93-97 for a few bucks more and be more satisfied in the end IMHO

I'd go with plan A. 80s are WAAAAAAY better than 4runners and way more comfortable too...have one of each. Still love driving my 1996 and with 160k it feels solid like new. Gas mileage is the ONLY problem I have with the truck but considering a solid axle swap on a 4runner will buy a lot of gas.

Also regarding the lesser power of the 4.0 liter engine, I seem to recall the part-time 4-wheel drive kit with locking hubs being a lot easier/cheaper to put on the 1991-92s without the viscous coupler t-case. I drove one with this kit about 4 years ago with 33 inch mudhogs and the thing had loads of power in 2wd compared to the 1FZE.

Get it and have fun!

Take it, the newer Cruisers may have all the extra goodies ( Bigger engine, lockers etc.) but the 3FE is bullet proof, lockers, get ARB's, my 2cents.;)

the only thing id like to change on it is,is the front end, lift it up a bit to match the rear, i still dont know how id go about doing it.

1" mr gasket spacers are a cheap fix for that. You might want to a search for the "cost of ownership" thread by Cruiserdan. It has a lof of good information and will help you know about what you are getting into.

BTW, if you do end up getting a cruiser (I'd get a 93-97 if I were you) Cruiserdan gives mud members a really good discount on OEM parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom