Is this a good deal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey there all,

Found an add for a set of Front and Rear doors plus the hard top off of a '79 for 600 bucks CDN. is this a good deal?
Picture001.jpg
Picture002.jpg
Picture003.jpg

They are a little rusty but in Canada they are probably considered in good condition.

Rusty?

Those things are kanadian spotless and rust free bud!

It sounds like a good deal but only if they have the keys to the locks.

wouldnt think that keys for the locks would be the biggest deal? I have had keys made for locks for other things for quite cheep, like around 40 bucks........ is there something about the door locks that would make getting a key made difficult?

I think its a good deal. My Dad bought a hard top 10 years ago for 1,000 . Never had the keys and still don't. If it looks good to you, go for it. Have you tried to bargain with the seller or is it a set price?

I think its a good deal. My Dad bought a hard top 10 years ago for 1,000 . Never had the keys and still don't. If it looks good to you, go for it. Have you tried to bargain with the seller or is it a set price?

The Add is 600 OBO I have talked to the seller about maybe spliting it up only really want the ambulance although having the right hard top for my truck would be nice, currently running a '71 top and doors on my '77.

I just have no clue what would be a "fair" price for the set, the asking prices for FJ40 parts around here are sporatic at best.......

Canadian

Those parts are good deal at $600 canadian.
I am in Canada (East). Alawys hunting for good body parts, never had any luck in 10 years.
If you need them grab them.
Trust me I looked at few complete cruisers that were for sale (1000 to 2000). People in The USA won't pay 300 for them.
Sometimes I think of moving south. I can't wait to see all custom charges done away with as they should. ya............. keep dreaming.
Why do I have to pay the government to get my truck fixed, I don't see those people working on it...........Damn,, I should stop before..............
And just because you buying parts from your local parts store, that doesn't mean you are not paying those customs charges, Why do you think our government is using safty salt on the roads?
And now I hear them taking about banning these rigs alltogether, something about the envirnment they say, Now;; who the heck is poluting ; my old fj that I only get to drive few times during the year , no thanks to the salt they use and the rain that seems to come down
sloping from the horizontal axis not the vertical and mostly around trees which really can use some co2; or the big fancy cars and airplane the you know who use every chance they get.
Now Toyota is going to shift to the hybird engines even with their twin cam which they produce more than any other car maker in the world. I hope that bird will find nest in my fj someday.............
Ok I will stop dreaming here.
Ya
Don't worry about the door keys, if you need ,I have a set I will send to you free of charge , just pay for the ride.
Did you know that you can cut your key so it will work 2 differnt Toy trucks?
Nice to see another Canadian Addict.
Vic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom