Is this a common place for a gas leak on the carburetor? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just finished rebuilding my Aisan carb using Pinhead's videos. Everything went together fine and the truck is idling. But there's a leak. A weeping. I'll get better pics as I watch it progress next time (only caught it once it was saturated like this), but any "Oh, I've seen this before" guesses in the meantime? Couple thoughts:

I didn't use the Keystone kit gasket between the hard rubber separator piece - most on here say not to. Still, there shouldn't be GAS there, right?

It's hard to get torque on that one 13mm nut shown - but again, that wouldn't cause gas to leak UP, would it?

And kindly ignore the VERY TEMPORARY return line!

IMG_1999.jpg

You have diagnosed and answered your own questions very very well ,

respectfully. Your keystone kit is China 🇨🇳 SH#T parts

Source a “ Keyster “
Brand kit

buy from toyota a new oem :

- leather pump plunger

- accordion boot for pump plunger

- new vacuum secondary diaphragm

- new fuel cut Solonoid low cost part

- any other gasket or ring or seal not included in the keyster brand kit

Re- do the carb rebuild ,

- follow @pinhead video well he is master

Good luck

My mistake - it’s the Standard kit, here: Amazon product ASIN B000C7XNMI
Don’t know what I was thinking when I typed “Keystone.” I was told this kit was the old Hygrade kit.

I get it to idle great (lean drop), with great vacuum now, and the leak is gone.Half the time though, it won’t idle and the leak appears, particularly after I shut it down. I’m thinking accelerator pump is sticking. After shutdown, gas continues to drip on that shaft (with the butterfly). Going to have another look today.

Resolved?

Thanks for the concern. Not resolved yet, but traced the problem a little further and made a new thread. Enough stuff has been coming up that I haven't been able to think about Land Cruisers for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom