Is This A Bent Knuckle Ball (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
49AFC92F-A434-415E-88B8-3CB8E3F50EE8.jpeg

It was like this before and after my recent knuckle rebuild so I am ruling out bad trunnion bearings.

View attachment 2910712

It was like this before and after my recent knuckle rebuild so I am ruling out bad trunnion bearings.
What did you set your wheel bearings at for torque?

What does an actual alignment tell you about camber / caster?

What did you set your wheel bearings at for torque?

What does an actual alignment tell you about camber / caster?
Whatever the actual torque setting is for them I got from the FSM.

And I go in for an alignment on Wednesday.

The FSM is known to be incorrectly listed as 15 LB-IN for the inner nut. This is too loose and will give a lot of play after even 500 miles.

Many here set them at 25-35 LB-FT while rotating.

I would highly recommend jacking up the RF wheel and checking the play at 6 and 12 on that wheel. I would do this BEFORE the alignment.

The FSM is known to be incorrectly listed as 15 LB-IN for the inner nut. This is too loose and will give a lot of play after even 500 miles.

Many here set them at 25-35 LB-FT while rotating.

I would highly recommend jacking up the RF wheel and checking the play at 6 and 12 on that wheel. I would do this BEFORE the alignment.
I hear this all the time. You tighten the hell out of it, rotate the tire, loosen 1/4 turn and lock it in place. Jeez it's not rocket science.

Like what, don’t be cryptic about it.
I was just saying you should post the picture of the rest of the procedure. The last line in the pic you posted had you loosen til you can turn by hand. You are supposed to torque it down again so curious if you went with the pre hand value or post hand value.

I was just saying you should post the picture of the rest of the procedure. The last line in the pic you posted had you loosen til you can turn by hand. You are supposed to torque it down again so curious if you went with the pre hand value or post hand value.
B893341A-338F-4315-99D6-F6C7B7A7F8EE.jpeg

Not an expert, but it looks bent. :confused:

I'd go with something's bent. Alignment will give you more info, though. Until then, it's just speculation, unless you know of an incident like - hitting a curb or obstacle at speed, or maybe PO was a maniac driver, etc.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom