Is this a 1979 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Would this be considered a 1978 or a 1979 FJ40?

FJ40date.jpg

Ok, Thanks!

My driver is a Dec of 78 and its still a 78.

Very likely a 78' but can be confirmed by checking for the changes that first appeared in the 79'. Bezel, gas tank reclining seats, etc.

79s started in Jan of 79. If its like mine a dec of 78 its a 78. Gas tank under the seat etc...

Awesome thanks! All great info!

My driver is a Dec of 78 and its still a 78.

Mine on the other hand, built in December of 1979, is titled as a 1980. Fairly common for some states to title them in the year they were first sold, rather than the absolute date of manufacture.

Mine on the other hand, built in December of 1979, is titled as a 1980. Fairly common for some states to title them in the year they were first sold, rather than the absolute date of manufacture.

75 and 79 were except years. Both those years had some major changes. Most but not all years changes that were made from the previous year to say that was a new model year. By the early seventies the owners manuals had a year printed to tell you the model year. Today model years can start early in the previous year. The 91 80 series started production in 1/90.

Yours isn’t titled as a 1980 because it was sold in 1980. It’s titled as a 1980 because it’s a 1980 model year vehicle. Production for a model year usually begins a few months before the actual start of the year. It was typically August for Landcruisers, but there are exceptions listed above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom