Is there anyone who makes a vintage “TOYOTA” grille for the LX470? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve stumbled across several pictures of 100 series LCs where the grille has been replaced with the vintage (and recently brought back) “TOYOTA” grille. I found a couple sources for people who make them for LCs, but I can’t find anyone who makes them for the LX. Can anyone point me in the direction of someone who does this?

47530CCD-16BB-4071-99F7-CBB927F30715.jpeg

@kelly saad is the artist who made that museum piece

LX 470 Grille and Headlight Housings

I have one of his earliest custom grilles on my '00 LC, and I was blown away by his the craftsmanship, quality, and heft of it. I figure those have only improved!!

@kelly saad is the artist who made that museum piece

LX 470 Grille and Headlight Housings

I have one of his earliest custom grilles on my '00 LC, and I was blown away by his the craftsmanship, quality, and heft of it. I figure those have only improved!!

That isn't the same as the OP is asking for. I too would like a version like the one shown that uses the factory grill surround. I have not seen one specifically for the LX. The one shown is I think called the "shark net" from land shark outfitters. That site says "Currently for 1998-2002 US-spec Land Cruisers only"...

That isn't the same as the OP is asking for. I too would like a version like the one shown that uses the factory grill surround. I have not seen one specifically for the LX. The one shown is I think called the "shark net" from land shark outfitters. That site says "Currently for 1998-2002 US-spec Land Cruisers only"...

Yep I have spoken to both Land Shark Outfitters and the maker referenced above, and neither make a replacement for the stock LX470 03+ grille.

You're absolutely right, couldn't tell up close since I was on mobile. My fault completely:bang:

My apologizes @cruzerDave:) didn't mean to get ya'll mixed up! Regardless, they're both great supporting vendors of this forum and I can attest to his quality and craftsmanship as well. I have several of his "chum bucket" gear bags in my truck and I keep all my recovery shackles, ropes, tree savers, etc.. squeezed in them because they're the only bags I could find that had a tough enough canvas and heavy duty zipper that wouldn't bust open. The zipper he uses is what I really love because I have all that stuff almost overflowing out of those bags, and yet it feels like you're zipping the bag closed as if nothing were in them at all. But last I checked he was still in the design phase of the LX grille. You can check out his thread: SharkNet Group Buy - 100 series

Yeah no dice on a 03+ LX

I do have Kelly’s 98-02 LC grille and yes it is a piece of art!

89B67738-D3D9-462C-B7D6-D5FB8686B4B5.jpeg

Not sure what I say where to who these days, apologies but this is a side gig and business is hoppin right now - and me without any helpers because of COVID...

I am setting up to make grills for more vehicles and have oem grills for 2 more LCs currently waiting.

I NEED oem grills for the model years of the LXs in order to design you one, and have zero time to hunt junkyards and forums. If anyone can help source me a grill I can return it with production article #1, but this is going to take a few months, or quicker if I can get some help back int he shop but I don't know how that's possible at the moment.

Anyone that can help please email me, not PM, landsharkoutfitters at the gmail....

PS- also, how many facelifts did the LX go through? Was it 2 like the LCs? (so needs 3 grill designs)

I’ve stumbled across several pictures of 100 series LCs where the grille has been replaced with the vintage (and recently brought back) “TOYOTA” grille. I found a couple sources for people who make them for LCs, but I can’t find anyone who makes them for the LX. Can anyone point me in the direction of someone who does this?

View attachment 2289264
I need one of these in my life

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom