Is there any difference in a 89 and 90 fj62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruiserfien

Black Sheep Cruisers!!
Threads
Website
www.integra.mortgage
I currently have a 1989 FJ62 and found a 1990 that is for sale. Is there any difference between the 2 years? I am looking at purchasing it for the Mrs.

Options, engine, tranny etc......

I read years ago... back in 1990 IIRC... and I have yet to find any reason to dispute it... 1990 FJ62s were actually just late 1989 production titles as 1990. In other words no 1990 build of FJ62s as they ramped up for the introduction of the FJ80s. This was attributed to a Toyota representative in the publication I read.

So far I have never encountered an FJ62 with a 1990 build date.

Short answer. No difference between '89 and '90 FJ62s.

Aren't most rigs built in the year previous to model year? My 82 BJ60 has a build date of Dec 81 while my 1990 62 was made in November 1989. And I believe the 83 we tore apart last summer was built in 82.

Interesting to see if others find the same thing with their rigs.

If the price is right and it's in good shape, buy it....

Tony

The model year for Cruisers normally starts with the Sept build dates of the preceding year.

'74 (or '75... I don't recall right now) and '79 started in Jan of the year.

But with the 1990 FJ62s, unlike all other Cruiser models, you will not find any built in the months of Jan-Aug of '90 like you do with all of the other models.

There may be some out there. But I have not found any that do not fit this claim.

Mark...

no difference except with the power options(windows, locks, ac and so on) based on customer choice

The model year for Cruisers normally starts with the Sept build dates of the preceding year.

'74 (or '75... I don't recall right now) and '79 started in Jan of the year.

But with the 1990 FJ62s, unlike all other Cruiser models, you will not find any built in the months of Jan-Aug of '90 like you do with all of the other models.

There may be some out there. But I have not found any that do not fit this claim.

Mark...

Thanks for the info Mark. Always wondered about build dates.

Love that saying in your sig line....

Tony

It is a reminder to me as much as anything else. You never really win when you fling the poo back at the monkey. And you never really win when you get drawn in to internet arguments with an idiot. ;)

Mark...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom