Is there any difference in a 89 and 90 fj62

Website
www.facebook.com
I read years ago... back in 1990 IIRC... and I have yet to find any reason to dispute it... 1990 FJ62s were actually just late 1989 production titles as 1990. In other words no 1990 build of FJ62s as they ramped up for the introduction of the FJ80s. This was attributed to a Toyota representative in the publication I read.

So far I have never encountered an FJ62 with a 1990 build date.

Short answer. No difference between '89 and '90 FJ62s.

Aren't most rigs built in the year previous to model year? My 82 BJ60 has a build date of Dec 81 while my 1990 62 was made in November 1989. And I believe the 83 we tore apart last summer was built in 82.

Interesting to see if others find the same thing with their rigs.

If the price is right and it's in good shape, buy it....

Tony

Website
www.facebook.com
The model year for Cruisers normally starts with the Sept build dates of the preceding year.

'74 (or '75... I don't recall right now) and '79 started in Jan of the year.

But with the 1990 FJ62s, unlike all other Cruiser models, you will not find any built in the months of Jan-Aug of '90 like you do with all of the other models.

There may be some out there. But I have not found any that do not fit this claim.

Mark...

The model year for Cruisers normally starts with the Sept build dates of the preceding year.

'74 (or '75... I don't recall right now) and '79 started in Jan of the year.

But with the 1990 FJ62s, unlike all other Cruiser models, you will not find any built in the months of Jan-Aug of '90 like you do with all of the other models.

There may be some out there. But I have not found any that do not fit this claim.

Mark...

Thanks for the info Mark. Always wondered about build dates.

Love that saying in your sig line....

Tony

Website
www.facebook.com
It is a reminder to me as much as anything else. You never really win when you fling the poo back at the monkey. And you never really win when you get drawn in to internet arguments with an idiot. ;)

Mark...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom