Is there a way to pull codes if you don't have a warning light. All the left side warning lights are not coming on. I have someone checking it as we s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I don't have all my warning lights right now. I took the cluster out to check the bulbs. But, they don't have bulbs their all led. Could the led stop the warning lights from coming on?

I don't have all my warning lights right now. I took the cluster out to check the bulbs. But, they don't have bulbs their all led. Could the led stop the warning lights from coming on?

Warning lights do not create trouble codes. They may or may not alert you to certain issues the vehicles computer has recognized.

Since we don't know what year model your vehicle is (put it in your signature so we will know in the future) then we can't tell you HOW to access any trouble codes present. IF you have OBDII....just hook up a scanner and read any codes that are present or pending.

LED's in the cluster (not lighting) could be any number of things:

• The LED's are burned out
  • The LED's are polarity sensitive and installed incorrectly
  • The LED's are not the correct ones for use in the cluster (replace one with the correct bulb and holder and you'll have your answer)
  • The cluster itself has a broken/inoperable circuit path

Warning lights do not create trouble codes. They may or may not alert you to certain issues the vehicles computer has recognized.

Since we don't know what year model your vehicle is (put it in your signature so we will know in the future) then we can't tell you HOW to access any trouble codes present. IF you have OBDII....just hook up a scanner and read any codes that are present or pending.

LED's in the cluster (not lighting) could be any number of things:

• The LED's are burned out
  • The LED's are polarity sensitive and installed incorrectly
  • The LED's are not the correct ones for use in the cluster (replace one with the correct bulb and holder and you'll have your answer)
  • The cluster itself has a broken/inoperable circuit path
94 w/ the 4.5l

94 w/ the 4.5l

OK then you don't have OBDII and will need to jump the DTC port which means you MIL light on the dash cluster will need to work for you to be able to count the flashes and intervals.

I was talking about the check engine light won't come on. I think that is the only way to pull the codes, am I right?

Correct. You will have to address that situation first.

It's the only way to 'read' the codes.

I see now what you were getting at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom