Is there a way to correct speedometer after bigger tires (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm running 275/70R18's and the factory size is 275/60R18 which according to tiresize speedometer calibration calculator puts my speedo off 7%. So at a reported 70mph, I'm actually going 75mph.

I'm leaving Saturday for HIH7 from Boston so I have a 2300 mile drive ahead of me. This thread probably just saved me a speeding ticket!

This seems crazy but I think this did fix it. According to my speed app I have on my phone it says I am 1.5-2 mph off arbors o speeds I have tested. I truly couldn't believe it. Thanks for the tip!

This seems crazy but I think this did fix it. According to my speed app I have on my phone it says I am 1.5-2 mph off arbors o speeds I have tested. I truly couldn't believe it. Thanks for the tip!

Glad it worked for you.....

After putting on 33s today, I attempted to do the navi calibration procedure. I first drove for 5 miles according to my cell phone, which was 4.7 miles on the LX odometer (my speedometer works only occasionally). Makes sense since the wheels are turning slower with bigger tires. 31s are 94% of 33s, so 4.7 to 5 is about right.

I did two 5 mile stretches to verify. Then I did the calibrate and drive twice, shut the truck off, and drove again. Same thing. 5 miles of GPS is 4.7 miles on the odometer. So the navi tire calibration procedure doesn't seem to affect the actual vehicle ECU/dash cluster.

BTW, the F5s are teh sex.

20180711_175124.jpg

Reactions: jLB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom