Is there a Non USA front exhaust pipe for a 60? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'd imagine there is. Also the exhaust on the 60 is really quite simple. I bet you have a muffler shop or even a race shop in your area who would be willing to bend you up a new down pipe that runs right to your muffler/tail pipe.

Aside from what @Seth S mentioned.

I think the challenge will be finding one that goes to a catalytic as the NA ones did. So you ether need to have one made or get one from someone parting out a 60.
I went the later and found a solid example. When I have time I plan to cut off the smog pipe and weld in a plate to fill the hole.
For now it is just there and in the way.

Otherwise look at somewhere like Partsouq I found a non US one that looks to go right to the muffler, but you would need to verify it yourself.

which flange are you referring to? at the manifold or where the cat should be?
if it's the one where the cat should be, any good exhaust shop can use your existing down pipe and cut it higher up than where the tube comes back into the engine compartment and make a new setup from there back.
or if it is at the manifold, get a good used one and have an exhaust shop do the above.

Also something to consider.....if you are desmogged and you are still carburated....then your cat is doing nothing at all for you. Aside from the visual appearance of a cat its no longer operating as it is designed to and you'd be better off replacing it with a straight pipe. Or if you are in a state that doesn't do emmissions testing but does a visual check on the cat then consider putting a straight pipe through the center of it so it passes the visual check but doesn't impede exhaust flow any more.

Here's your answer:

FJ60 Exhaust.png

Part ID 17410 CND (Canada)

A muffler shop built me a catless head pipe all the way back to the muffler for $100 with my own new flange and gasket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom