Is the Land Cruiser officially dead? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I haven't seen any official announcement from Toyota but I received an email today from the general sales manager of my local Toyota dealership.

Subject line was "Land Cruisers Last Year". Figure he would have to know something, right?

Ryan,

We are excited to announce that we now have one of the largest Land Cruiser inventories in our business history. With this being the LAST year Land Cruiser will be produced, we thought it would be a great idea to send out some of the available Land Cruisers we have. Let us know if you have any questions.

It's dead.

He did and then was asked to take it down by Mr T.
Still that wasn’t “official” so I don’t want to bring note to it and continue his being in time out.

I had heard a rumor that he 21 inventory will not last long, and dealers knowing it is the last of them will not be willing to deal at all, or possibly even prices going up a lot. It’ll be interesting to see.

Either way, all signs point to the 200 being dead after 21, but it has not officially come down from toyota that way, yet.

I haven't seen any official announcement from Toyota but I received an email today from the general sales manager of my local Toyota dealership.

Subject line was "Land Cruisers Last Year". Figure he would have to know something, right?

Ryan,

We are excited to announce that we now have one of the largest Land Cruiser inventories in our business history. With this being the LAST year Land Cruiser will be produced, we thought it would be a great idea to send out some of the available Land Cruisers we have. Let us know if you have any questions.
It’s called marketing. We have no idea if the LC is dead in the US.

That is some pretty bold marketing if nothing yet is official and a certain someone on here got scolded from a certain someone else...

I'm not arguing that it is or isn't, just suprised by it.

As a "marketer," I've never heard of a tactic of intentionally creating a rumor of culling a luxury or technical product only to dupe consumers. This simply drives customers to start researching alternatives which is what has been killing land cruiser sales to begin with (i.e. LX or Bronco).

I trust what I've now heard from two dealers: They've been told it's discontinued in the US.

Ryan,

Mind sharing the dealership

As a "marketer," I've never heard of a tactic of intentionally creating a rumor of culling a luxury or technical product only to dupe consumers. This simply drives customers to start researching alternatives which is what has been killing land cruiser sales to begin with (i.e. LX or Bronco).

I trust what I've now heard from two dealers: They've been told it's discontinued in the US.
Having spent 15 years (1990-2005) in corporate and manufacturing at GM, Ford, Toyota, and Nissan, i saw product changes constantly. All it takes is a space to open up (like it is in Bronco, Yukon, Armada, and Defender) for Toyota to decide to move forward with an LC replacement in some form. Never say never.

Official to me.

E70163DF-8F48-409F-BFEE-1BDEE090FD28.jpeg

Certainly makes sense to pull it. Seems the writing has been on the wall. Mine will go forever. If something breaks or wears out you just replace and repair. That is the way it was done a long time ago and the way I grew up. If my engine on the 200 goes I would be more than happy to stick in an LS or LT....and would much prefer it. Though it is other things that wear out sooner.
My 70 may outlive me and my children.....just found out I have twins coming 8 weeks after my wife said she'd like twins. haha The Gods laugh at us........

At the moment I'm preparing a Chevy Suburban to use following the Caribou migration this spring (a documentary I signed off on recently)
May unload my 200...I'm not really sure. It's mint and hate to see it go.....the beer bottle opener I mounted ain't no cheapo...:)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom