Is owning a Pig a sign of aging? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah I agree the days of buying a 55 without resources are probably behind most now, they certainly all show their age (and problems) unless loved.

This has been the most entertaining & educational group I’ve spent time with other than the 510 club here locally which pretty much mirrors this groups efforts (they are 68-73 only)

Hitting 50 this year, one kid starting apprenticeship and one heading for last couple years of HS, I bought the pig with nostalgia after seeing it for sale locally (grew up riding in the 327 powered 71 in my avatar) had thought of family trips while the kids grew up but they have beat me with the ever marching time. Every time I push on it life interrupts after far too little progress, but I’m not going to let someone else do MY project, definitely enjoy the uniqueness of the pigs.

Fun thread! I'm a young (ya right) 57. I was in the Navy 20 years (which would be 30+ if I had a do-over). I work as a maint manager in a warehouse now, which was never on my to-do list. (A couple years ago I was the facility manager at a Walmart warehouse. Having a Walmart business card was NEVER on my to-do list...). I work around mostly millennials which is at times very irritating. In fairness, my Navy seniors probably thought the same of me when I was 18. I do have difficulty at times watching everything I say to make sure it doesn't inexplicably offend someone. Mixed results there. I used to be a die hard Jeep guy. Ground up restos on 2 CJ-7s and a CJ-8. I started to lose interest in Jeeps when I realized the new ones were largely owned by women. Does this make me a chauvinist pig? I hope so. Also the "angry eye" things that posers put on their Jeeps make me want to punch them in the neck. My obsession to 55s started when I saw a cool 60 and started hunting. Then I wondered what that "weird" one was that I hadn't seen in a while was. Fast forward to now and I have my driver 55, the firetruck 55, a soon to be resto'd 55 and 2 parts 55s. I also have 3 C10s (68, 69, 72) that are "in-work". (Have I mentioned what a wonderful wife I have?) Needless to say I spend too much time in the shop and have to atone for it once a week by watching whatever my wife is currently fixated on on TV (Outlander was worth it for the ti..ies.) :p Am I grumpy? Always have been, always will be. But I like to think I'm pretty fun too. Oh, like most here I think dogs are better than people. Not more important, but better.

pig.jpg

Definitely middle-east origin with that factory vinyl still on the hood. That seems to be a "thing" over here with a certain percentage of the population to leave that on for the life of the car, no matter how tattered it becomes.

Definitely middle-east origin with that factory vinyl still on the hood. That seems to be a "thing" over here with a certain percentage of the population to leave that on for the life of the car, no matter how tattered it becomes.
Yup, and yup

but it’s headed for paint (not green) and an alucab tent.

Not a fan of the wide nose, you should put a pig nose on it...

Nice score. I don't see see very many of those in Saudi but I think they are more popular down south in the mountains. That's where my FJ45 Troopy came from. And you probably won't find a diesel in Saudi. At least not an older one. I'm starting to see more 79 pickups with diesel though so times are changing (easy to spot as they are the only ones with a snorkel).

Fun thread! I'm a young (ya right) 57. I was in the Navy 20 years (which would be 30+ if I had a do-over). I work as a maint manager in a warehouse now, which was never on my to-do list. (A couple years ago I was the facility manager at a Walmart warehouse. Having a Walmart business card was NEVER on my to-do list...). I work around mostly millennials which is at times very irritating. In fairness, my Navy seniors probably thought the same of me when I was 18. I do have difficulty at times watching everything I say to make sure it doesn't inexplicably offend someone. Mixed results there. I used to be a die hard Jeep guy. Ground up restos on 2 CJ-7s and a CJ-8. I started to lose interest in Jeeps when I realized the new ones were largely owned by women. Does this make me a chauvinist pig? I hope so. Also the "angry eye" things that posers put on their Jeeps make me want to punch them in the neck. My obsession to 55s started when I saw a cool 60 and started hunting. Then I wondered what that "weird" one was that I hadn't seen in a while was. Fast forward to now and I have my driver 55, the firetruck 55, a soon to be resto'd 55 and 2 parts 55s. I also have 3 C10s (68, 69, 72) that are "in-work". (Have I mentioned what a wonderful wife I have?) Needless to say I spend too much time in the shop and have to atone for it once a week by watching whatever my wife is currently fixated on on TV (Outlander was worth it for the ti..ies.) :p Am I grumpy? Always have been, always will be. But I like to think I'm pretty fun too. Oh, like most here I think dogs are better than people. Not more important, but better.

View attachment 2750656
And a Red Sox fan 🤔😉😳🇺🇸

do we need quotes around that 1992?

do we need quotes around that 1992?
That’s what the title says.
frame matches the title
Engine VIN matches the frame

so yeah, it’s a 1992 hzj75 with a “facelift”. 😅

barn-door FJ55s
HZJ75 that looks for all the world like a HDJ79
etc

just hope I get to put a couple thousand miles on them in my time above ground.

“Can’t take it with you when you go.”

That 2008 F-350 I have? I bought it in 2019 with about 72,000 miles on it from the guy’s widow. He retired, bought the f-350, (new), put a camper on it, and only got about 70k on it before he got sick (cancer) and died over a decade. I rarely drive it, and it has 90k on it now. Do the math. I’ve put 20% of the total miles on it in 15% of the lifetime of that truck and I hardly drive it.

I bought it to tow my father’s dragster & trailer (both of which he and my brother had built) back to Texas. That whole program stopped the day my brother died in 2011. He had kidney cancer, but that’s not what killed him. He died after backing his pickup out of the driveway and putting it in drive. His younger son was in the passenger seat. It was so sudden that the kid thought his dad was playing with him for the first minute or so. Then “dad turned blue”. Cyanosis. Kid got out of the pass door, opened the driver’s door, his dad feel out on the ground. The truck, still in drive stated idling down the street. Kid yelled for help. Nurse (RN) who lived across the street came out, started CPR. Her son ran and caught the pickup and brought it back. Then called 911.

Dad had bladder cancer, (as far back as 2013) but that’s not what killed him in 2018.

Sorry if that’s all sobering or depressing, but to bring this back on-subject, if pigs is what makes ya happy, drive a pig.

Doesn’t matter how old you are, spend your time the way you want. None of us can buy more.

I get it, in all my years in medicine I have seen so many situations that just scream" Enjoy it now"!!!

The 2003 7.3 L F350 I will most likely buy was owned by retired deputy from Cali who passed away unexpectedly a couple months ago. I don't mind paying a little extra for it since the emotional bonds for the family are far more then I would want to experience if I was in their shoes.

I once gave a small gift to a 42 year old guy with pancreatic cancer so he could provide his son with a memorable Christmas since he had very little. I was little frustrated when he was slow to pick up the envelope with the prepaid Visa in it. Time went buy as he was deteriorating and I got a nice text with a pic from him. He had used it to take his 11 year old son to the beach on the west coast so they could see it together. He passed away 3-4 months later. I still have his pic saved on my phone. Ya never know when your cards going to be pulled so might as well fill your brain with positive memories of what and who ya love!

You only go around this Merry go round once, I truly am relishing others who have identified that life is more important to live then work most of it.

996C6B75-C30B-440A-8BAB-85464C213E05.jpeg

Last edited:
That was nice of you. Pancreatic cancer is basically a death sentience. My mother in law died of it about 4 years ago.

I get it, in all my years in medicine I have seen so many situations that just scream" Enjoy it now"!!!

The 2003 7.3 L F350 I will most likely buy was owned by retired deputy from Cali who passed away unexpectedly a couple months ago. I don't mind paying a little extra for it since the emotional bonds for the family are far more then I would want to experience if I was in their shoes.

I once gave a small gift to a 42 year old guy with pancreatic cancer so he could provide his son with a memorable Christmas since he had very little. I was little frustrated when he was slow to pick up the envelope with the prepaid Visa in it. Time went buy as he was deteriorating and I got a nice text with a pic from him. He had used it to take his 11 year old son to the beach on the west coast so they could see it together. He passed away 3-4 months later. I still have his pic saved on my phone. Ya never know when your cards going to be pulled so might as well fill your brain with positive memories of what and who ya love!

You only go around this Merry go round once, I truly am relishing others who have identified that life is more important to live then work most of it.

View attachment 2751037
I believe from what all you have seen and all involved in the Health field (3 in my family! Sister inlaw and her 2 young daughters!! Both in there 20s.) Have experienced more than anyone should see in a lifetime!! My Beloved father a Firefighter in the worst City in the country saw a lot of s*** 💩 in his years of service. Anyone in these fields and Law enforcement deserve the utmost respect from the people they protect.
Defund this Bitches. This is America 🇺🇸.

If someone reading this thread is feeling like they want to be old, this one is apparently coming for sale. 1974. Green. Ottawa. SOA. SM420, extended range tank, spare 2F, doors, hood and “back hatch”. I don’t have a price. Says he’ll post on mud next week.

7A5777EC-47C9-4029-9E9B-E1F7A7DA045E.jpeg

17B64C4D-C227-475A-ADD3-60E068F26B8D.jpeg

E149744F-630F-4DF6-B819-DC3F98C1DC39.jpeg

801FE0D9-4E01-4E02-A2CD-527A643D6ACC.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom