Is my VC siezed? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have never heard that before. Thanks for the heads up. Will take these duralasts back then.
I used Dana Spicer joints the first time around and they caused a vibration at 45mph. Ended up being worse than the originals.
Just curious if you rotated tires regularly or ever ran with one or two of slightly different wear?
Previous owner probably never did but I know he only used Michelin LTX in the stock size. The tires looked OK when I got the truck.

I personally do 5-tire rotations now just to make sure that I always have a spare that has the same wear. This is important on a 4WD, especially a full time 4WD.

I used Dana Spicer joints the first time around and they caused a vibration at 45mph. Ended up being worse than the originals.

Previous owner probably never did but I know he only used Michelin LTX in the stock size. The tires looked OK when I got the truck.

I personally do 5-tire rotations now just to make sure that I always have a spare that has the same wear. This is important on a 4WD, especially a full time 4WD.
What's an acceptable difference in tread depth if I want to start rotating the spare in? My truck came with 4 tires at about 12/32 and I just bought a new spare which is at 15/32 (bfg k02's). I'd love to rotate it in if not too late since these have a lot of life left.

At the same time, my eventual goal is finding a set of original wheels and picking a tire of my liking at which point I will be doing a five tire rotation. Leaving the spare alone just doesn't make sense to me.

Sorry for the slight thread derailment.

What's an acceptable difference in tread depth if I want to start rotating the spare in? My truck came with 4 tires at about 12/32 and I just bought a new spare which is at 15/32 (bfg k02's). I'd love to rotate it in if not too late since these have a lot of life left.

At the same time, my eventual goal is finding a set of original wheels and picking a tire of my liking at which point I will be doing a five tire rotation. Leaving the spare alone just doesn't make sense to me.

Sorry for the slight thread derailment.
I think that's probably fine. It's not too big of a difference in my opinion. The only issue might be if you have lockers and turn it on with an axle with slightly different tire sizes; that could cause some binding. But if you only have the CDL then it's fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom