Is my temp gauge reading normal? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
I noticed since replaced all the parts from CDan the LX running much cooler than before.By the way, Thank you Dan :popcorn: :beer: .But my question is the temp gauge reading normal? It seems it just didn't go up at all except when I'm in bumper to bumper 1 hour traffic :confused:

Replaced -

- New OEM ' 93 - ' 94 radiator (3 cores)
- All new radiator hoses and any other hoses as well.
- Thermostat
- Water Pump, gasket
- Mean Green alternator
- New reservoir
- Idler pulley
- AC Pulley
- JDM oil cooler
- JDM Automatic transmission cooler
- Raventai gauge mod's.
LXTREME_front bumper 008.jpg

Looks a little low, mine is always one or two needle's thickness below the middle your's looks like it is three to four needle's thickness below the middle. HTH. :cheers:

As much as I like the mod to the stock gauge I still think you're better off adding a stand alone gauge for coolant temp. I've not done the RT mod to my dash cluster but do have a coolant temp gauge with the probe in the upper neck and I am constantly amazed at how much the temperature varies from 180-deg all the way up to 223-deg with just a barely noticeable change in the stock gauge. It pretty much just sits in the middle and moves maybe an 1/8 of an inch up or down during all of this.

Crikeys thats one tidy dash, not one grain of dust.
Looks a little cool though.

Landtank Yes, actually I did Raventai gauge mods before I replace it with new parts. And my temp gauge show as Turbocruiser mentioned above.

Clownmidget, yes that also I was thinking about it back then. But I’m running out blank space here inside the LX :D Since the wifey and kids dont like ride with me maybe I should disconnects the PS airbag and drill 4 holes 60mm size in it hmm....:rolleyes:

Oh and one more thing I also replaced the blue fan clutch from CDan :)

That looks right to me IF, when did the temp guage mod you uses the 100 and 150 resistors. Mine sits in exactly the same place. That puts your temp somewhere around 185-190. Congrats

Buck

On a 3FE, there's an o-ring that sits on the t-stat that's very easy to mis-install (even Landpimp did it once ;)), resulting in the engine having a hard time reaching normal operating temp.

Don't know about later years, but figured I'd throw it out there...

Hey LX, why not take some readings with a IR temp. gun?

Curtis

I would check or replace two parts: the radiator cap and the thermostat. (couldn't think of any other reasons for the coolant temperature to vary that much).

CJF said:
Hey LX, why not take some readings with a IR temp. gun?

Curtis

Will do that ;)

sjcruiser said:
I would check or replace two parts: the radiator cap and the thermostat. (couldn't think of any other reasons for the coolant temperature to vary that much).

Replaced all new parts included both cap and thermostat :flipoff2: :hillbilly:

I would first suspect the thermostat, but if you can get an OBDII scanner on the truck and read the ECU for engine temp that would help make sure the engine is definately running cold or if the gauge is just reporting it cold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom