Is my Fj80 Gonna be happy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well i just bought my 80 about a month and have been accumulating parts since , Everything is a basic maintenance Execpt the Rear Pinion seal , which i think is just the vent but bought a seal just cause. So Tomorrow ill be Putting it under the knife for the day, Ill have a bay at my old place of employment and be able to use some nice machines. My list of things to do is

Full Tune up (plugs,wires,cap,rotor,fuel filter air filter)
All 3 belts and Idlers
Rear pinion seal
Trans Flush/filter (royal purple Atf)
Diffs/tcase fluid change (Mobil 1 syn 75-90)
Coolant Flush (Red Toyota)
Wipers f&r

I bought the prestone coolant kit I could use a BG machine for it but id rather flush it out completely and read good things about that here. For the trans Ill be using the BG machine which uses the Pumps pressure to flush it out. Ill do the Filter and pan gasket , then refill then do the flush, with royal purple being so much. All the Parts Are OEM Toyota except the wipers(rainex) and the Trans pan gasket (Napa) . Ill try to post some pics Tomorrow as I do everything.
698badd0.jpg

Yes it'll be happy, minus the Royal Purple, that stuff is complete s***.

not fan of the purple either and i run dino oil in diffs and t case with lucas heavy duty oil stabilizer but yea your cruiser will be happy!

Lol I read mutiple threads on here , nobody really complained about royal purple being junk, This Landcruiser is my daily driver, the only time it will severe action is hunting season and getting back to my cabin in the winter . so i dont think the Stablizer is gonna do anything for me.

So I got everything done except the trans filter/gasket and fuel filter . When I took the pan bolts out the pan wouldn't budge so im gonna leave it alone for the time being and change it in like 50k this way I can flush 4qts of fluid also. The trans shifts great. Everything else went super smooth the rear pinion was the vent. The seal might still be bad but well see. The only concern I had was with the diff/tease . I got the specs 2.9/2/3.4 (in order front to back) but when filling ( was on a level locked hoist) the front and rear diffs took more and the tcase took less. I just did the pump til it comes out.thanks guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom