Is my ac compressor dead? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I stand corrected on my California comment. In Canada you can't buy R134a off the shelf...not even 12 oz bottles.

Well....when it does happen, it will be California to do it first, so you certainly had the right State in mind.

Perform a recovery, leak and vacuum test then recharge. Unfortunately you have to take it to a shop for this, there is a machine that will do this complete cycle.
If you come down to Calgary I can help you out in the shop I work for. I had similar issues with my LX and turned out to be a minor broken line below the passenger door, so small that it would leak 1 week after the recharge.
I ended up splicing and capping the line to the rear a/c (no use for rear a/c, no kids, no dog, only camping gear). It hasn't leaked in over a year.
403-801-8503 if you need a hand down here.

I wish you were closer to the coast

Well....when it does happen, it will be California to do it first, so you certainly had the right State in mind.

I wonder if Trump will accept my political asylum refugee case because, "...Justin Trudeau won't let me buy R134a refrigerant for my Land Cruiser." Worth a shot I suppose. You guys have so much freedom in America. I salivate just thinking about it.

I wonder if Trump will accept my political asylum refugee case because, "...Justin Trudeau won't let me buy R134a refrigerant for my Land Cruiser." Worth a shot I suppose. You guys have so much freedom in America. I salivate just thinking about it.

You are welcome here anytime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom