Is my '99 evap system supposed to make noises? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nope, shouldn’t have skittles rumbling around in it. Any CEL codes being thrown?

80F'something today, not that warm out. Here is the noise my 1999's evap system was making after shutting off today:

¿Sounds like a vacuum or pressure leak somewhere? :-/

A pumping noise is normal as the system pulls a vacuum to check for leaks. That doesn't sound right and I suspect a dtc in your future. Sound from clip is hard to diagnose but seems like somethings broken and rattling around when trying to leak check.
Can you view live data? Id check the ftp sensor readings while that noise is happening

My 99 has made noises like that when it's hot out for the last 4 years. I've also historically had fuel vapor problems and gas spewing out of my fuel tank cap. No emissions CELs have ever been triggered.

I recently replaced my charcoal canister and the original canister (with 334k miles) weighed significantly more than the replacement. I am really curious if the new canister makes noises when the temperature warms up.

I've also historically had fuel vapor problems and gas spewing out of my fuel tank cap.

Oddly, I have no pressure, fumes, or boiling sound when I vent the fuel tank. There's a minor bit of pressure differential when opening the cap, but barely. Would this imply blockage? ...because I too would expect tank problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom