Is it worth rebuilding E-69 center arm?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bajaphile

Boojum Hugger
SILVER Star
Threads
I'm planning on running a stock PS system down the line, and for now I am trying to decide if I should swap out to the newer style center arm, or use my current early, pin style center arm.

Worth rebuilding or is it prone to fatigue?

SORRY, can't advise, but I just swapped a saginaw, and have a super tight pivot arm assembly from a '77. PM me if you are interested in it (cheap). Just listed it on craigs for $25, will let it go for that...

i swapped the center arm on my 69 years ago ,the angle of the front crossmembers is not the same so you have to shim the bolts.i used a steel wedge for splitting wood and drilled some holes in it and it works fine .if you go to saginaw steering that eliminates the center arm.good luck

Thanks for the replies. Right now Saginaw is not an option. I just would like to have it drive (very locally) around until I am finished with school.

My current, early style center arm has vertical and horizontal play. I tried turning the bottom nut (Which I assume is the adjusting nut?) and it doesn't help any.

I just want to know if a rebuild kit would be worth buying, or just buying and modifying a newer style one would be a better option... since both are quite cheap.

Thanks!

My current, early style center arm has vertical and horizontal play. I tried turning the bottom nut (Which I assume is the adjusting nut?) and it doesn't help any.

I just want to know if a rebuild kit would be worth buying, or just buying and modifying a newer style one would be a better option... since both are quite cheap.

Thanks!

when I asked about this last summer, some one suggested using washers to fill the void. never had a chance as I scored a rebuild kit from someone very special.

as stated above the later one is not a direct boltin as slight modification is needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom