is it worth it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.myspace.com
Ok so I'm trying to get into the toyota scene and one of my friends is selling a 93 minitruck single cab 4x4 175k already has a 3" body and 4" suspen. lift. Spring over with blocks in the back. 35" thornbirds that are bald eccept for the lugs. 5 speed 22re that does not run, The front of the motor is taken apart and aparently it has low oil pressure. probably needs a new radiator. body is in good condition no rust, couple dings, and some scratches in the paint. I offered him 800 for it because it does not run and there is no confirmed diagnosis on the engine. he said that is way too low and wants 1500 for it, I told him 1000 and he said he WILL NOT go below 1300. Is this worth it for me to shell out the extra 300? I'm planning on SAS and exo cage. and I would love some money to get started on that. anyways please help what would you do with a limited college budget like me?

Need to see some pics, but IMO $1000 sounds about right to me.

Tell him you're charging him $300 to get rid of those crappy POS Thornbirds.

I don't get why they even still make those things!
BTW, I think KLF is right, $1000. sounds decent.

yeah it is a 4" block in the rear. I talked to him today and it is basicaly his dad selling the truck who knows nothing about them. The son knows and wants to get rid of it for a grand, but the dad won't take anything less than 1300. I'm gonna call him back in a week and offer him a grand again. give it some time to sink in :) I'll try and get some pictures up on it.

I only paid $1000 for mine, it ran but it potentially had serious motor issues. If it isn't even running I wouldn't pay more than $1000. All fixer-uppers, even Toyotas, seem to fall into a buyer's market more than a seller's.

Is it a 4 inch block in the rear? Scary! Tell him the Suspension lift and tires are just going in the garbage, and are not adding to the value. If he wants any money out of it then he should fix it. A non-running truck is just parts.

I got blocks in all three of mine. and two I have wheeled the absolute snot out of. so hard infact to the point where i have bloody'd my nose one day and broke my arm from the steering wheel another day. i am broke but my toyota is not. nor are the blocks missing

if this truck was in SW, Washington. we wouldnt be discussing this right now. it would already have been sittin in my driveway. i will pay 1300 for that.

22RE's and parts are more common around here than evergreens

ok, heres the story.

i just my 1980 truck. i wasnt used to the LACK of power sterring, so i decided to get one of those spinners they use on giant water valves.

i installed it on my steering wheel, and it made it a lot easier to steer, and quicker, too.

so i decided to go wheel my new truck. I went onto this trail called 'the one way' it is called that for good reason. as i was in low range 1st gear, going down this steep hill between fir trees and giant stumps, i gained a bit of unwanted speed. i didnt hit the brakes cause i didnt want to lose control.

anyway, as i was navigating mirror to mirror trees and turns, my front tires dropped off a 3 foot ledge and shot me off to one side where my tire nailed a stump. all these sudden actions violently ripped the steering wheel out of my hands, and that damn knob is what broke my left arm. it sucked really bad.

that ledge is why they call it the one way. cause it is very hard to make it back up.

oh, and i removed that knob right then and there. well after i regained my calm.

:doh:

morale of the story, dont use spinners

WristPin

It hurts just readin it. lol

But I can't help but laugh! LOL

93 minitruck single cab 4x4 175k already has a 3" body and 4" suspen. lift. Spring over with blocks in the back. 35" thornbirds that are bald eccept for the lugs. 5 speed 22re that does not run, The front of the motor is taken apart and aparently it has low oil pressure. probably needs a new radiator. body is in good condition no rust, couple dings, and some scratches in the paint. I offered him 800 for it because it does not run and there is no confirmed diagnosis on the engine. he said that is way too low and wants 1500 for it, I told him 1000 and he said he WILL NOT go below 1300. Is this worth it for me to shell out the extra 300? I'm planning on SAS and exo cage. and I would love some money to get started on that. anyways please help what would you do with a limited college budget like me?

Trannys shot (or about to be) the 22RE's with the Tchain guieds sucked into the oil PU dont turn 35's very good.

Look for body and suspension damage, if it was dove like it was stole let'em keep it or offer him less (Part Out value).

Last edited:
He could sell the lift!!

Tell him you will pay $1,000 and give him the stupid lift kit back so hecan sell it on e-bay for $300 and he can get his precious $1,300. :idea:

You should also give him back the thornbirds so he can use them for planters in his front yard, that's all they're good for...even when they are brand new. Around here we call them weenie swampers!
Good luck! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom