Is it worth it?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mac62

SILVER Star
Threads
BC544E86-F559-4450-9474-C8C1C62AE287.png
]
09357F76-0DC7-46E3-975A-46BBBD54F3EC.png
C5B99091-FFB0-406E-A00C-0152C884D2AF.png
F8F4FDBF-C539-41C1-B078-4CCC21114EA1.png
848952FC-6648-4AF2-99DF-741D3DD382E4.png
Found a 2006 LC with 135k. I don’t have any experience with rust since all my past LC have been southern trucks but I like this 2006. Any potential or should I walk?? I don’t want to constantly be dealing with rust issues but if I can spend a little money and get this treated then I might do it. I hear a lot of people talk about fluid film?? Asking price is 20k. What you think?? Thanks in advance

No! Run

$20k?? Absolutely not.

Just do us all a favor and lock this post.

Anyone who says "yes" to that truck at that asking price should have their MUD account permanently banned.

Edit: you should meet the owner and look him straight in the eye after you both look at the rust and ask "Think it'll just buff out?" Then show him 5 $100 bills and say "final offer"

Last edited:
Definite pass at that price. If it was 4 grand sure, but for $20k it better be perfect, IMO.

R u kidding me.. helll naah bro. Not at any price really unless its for a part truck.

I'd run not walk from that at 20K. 10K would give me pause and I would consider it as long as there are no holes in the under-body or frame. Keep up the good search and you will find something!

$12k and I'd buy it. I dont see the issue here besides cosmetic.

That is a FL plate. Either it has lived its life beside the ocean and the salty air has gotten in every nook and cranny, or it spent some of its life where roads get salted. What does the Carfax say about the registration history?

That was fast. Thanks for all the advice! I will walk on this one and keep looking. I’m getting the feeling you guys don’t like rust. Yeah it spent most of it life in Chicago area before coming down here. The search continues.....thanks to all

It doesn't look terrible to me, but granted I'm in VT, where Toyota frames go to die. I bought a 2001 that looked about like that underneath for 7k. Planning on putting some time into disassembly, wire wheeling, and POR-15 prep and coat, then keep it fluid filmed religiously. If you're up for some time and money, these trucks deserve to be restored and it would suck to see that one turn into a heap. But yeah, 20k is way too much!

Only someone that lives in the rust belt would consider this car but not at that price point.

For 10K it's worth it, may be 12K, you'd have to spend a lot of time with a rust scale needle and knock all the rust off then POR15 over it. Replace the suspension with a lift and replace upper and lower control arms and you basically got a lot of shiny new parts.

That was fast. Thanks for all the advice! I will walk on this one and keep looking. I’m getting the feeling you guys don’t like rust. Yeah it spent most of it life in Chicago area before coming down here. The search continues.....thanks to all

I'm not especially rust-o-phobic, but I've seen what untreated rust will do. It basically killed my last rig, so I knew I wanted as rust free as possible when I bought my LC. I think most of us are buy these trucks for the long haul and want to start with as clean example as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom