Is it the tires or the suspension or the cold? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok,:confused:

4" OME, 33" tires. Its cold. What would make starting off in 1st so ruff? it seems I have to use alot of gas to get going, whereas, the other cruisers dont seem to need as much. Funny thing is that the Headers I just put on, dont seem to be giving me the power I thought it would.
so here is what Im thinking could be it.

A: The OME 4" up, makes the driveshafts (the universal joints) bent at such an angle to make starting off harder, especially when front hubs engaged.

2: The 33x10.5 with stock diffs and gears arent cutting it.

D: Its cold. So now that I have ceramics headers, the hot air that would normally heat the carb is no longer heating the intake manifold since I lost the stock exhaust manifold.

What do you think my problem is? Dont say fuel filter, just changed that.
(besides being crazy)

Nicholas:bounce: :banana: :bounce2:

Extrapolating from my previous 60 that had stock gears + 31/10.5/15s and my current 60 with 4.11 gears + 33/10.5/15's I's say those are pretty tall tires for the stock gears. Is this a new phenomenon, only in the cold? How long have you lived with this tire/gear combo? Can't speak about the headers or 4" lift, though.

I have 33" tires with the OME 4" and have the same problem on cold mornings. Im pretty sure its just the fact that its cold out, and everything is frozen. Once your cruiser is warmed up and you have driven around does the problem stop???

#2 and D which you can fix by adding a fluid heat riser.

These two would exacerbate each other.

I just got the header in last week....(its been below 32 since november)....but it seems that the problem gets better when it warms up, but i still have to finesse the clutch (release it very slowly) to take off. Diff oil is 90....should it be 80?

can the clutch take a hit by doing this?

Nicholas

Fluid heat riser is a great idea, was really thinking about the freeze plug block heater too.

ChicagoFJ60 said:
(its been below 32 since november)....Nicholas

Statements like theswe make me thankful for where I live :) It was in the 70's in Nov here.

I do have a serious ?

What Shocks are you using for your lift? You have the 2.5" OME with the extended shackles or SR and rear ext shackles?

The shocks are the nitros included in the OME kit I bought from MAF. I also had the shackle reversal, and the rears have a 3" tri shackle. Should I flex out new spings to get it to ride better faster? I wanted to take pictures of a fully articulated suspension, but thought I should wait a bit.

Nicholas

have you check your trans and axle fluid? make sure there's no water in there to freeze up. also, it's a thick fluid, so it needs a bit to get warmed up.

nuclearlemon said:
have you check your trans and axle fluid? make sure there's no water in there to freeze up. also, it's a thick fluid, so it needs a bit to get warmed up.
ditto when its freezing here my gears are always rought till iit warms up. putting the transfer in neutral and letting it sit in gear does actually seem to help out. theres not so much lurching when i get started

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom