is it ok to use the washer style lug nuts for steel wheel? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The end of the washer OEM lug nut that comes with the LX470 is acorn in the end

is it ok to use this for winter time with the Tundra steel , picture below?

Mine comes with this part 90942-01103 lug nut I believe.

816cfaVms2L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

812QXCDTEiL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

These are made like this to be used dual purpose for both the tapered seat and washer style wheels. The idea is that some variants have tapered seat steel wheels as the emergency spare and washer seat alloys as the standard wheels. That's why they're $10 ea to buy new ones from Toyota.

I wouldn’t. Get the acorn style. I got mine on Amazon. The brand was Gorilla and they were cheap.

most of the gorilla nut that I found needing a different tire iron.

do you have gorilla lug nut with 22mm drive ? what is the part number? thanks

Gorilla Automotive 91147BC Acorn Bulge Seat Black Chrome Lug Nuts (14mm x 1.50 Thread Size)

I think this is what I ordered. Go to there website and check out what they have.

Gorilla Automotive 91147BC Acorn Bulge Seat Black Chrome Lug Nuts (14mm x 1.50 Thread Size)

I think this is what I ordered. Go to there website and check out what they have.

Thanks, Yes they are 13/16" drive. I would need to carry an extra tire iron for it. I wish gorilla got the 7/8 drive one

I don't like the adapter too.

but thanks for the part number.

I found this thread that mirror the comment above is that the shank style lug nut by toyota are made acorn shape in order for it to work with both mag wheels and steel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom