Is it ok to engage 4wd low if it has not been engaged in several years (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Outstanding, tone... you're going to be very happy with that rig.

Looking forward to your thread!

As far as the CDL button goes, I just got one for free today from the junk yard, going to replace my hazard button with this one. There's a ton of information on this site, and you'll be hard pressed to find a better resource for modding these things up.

Should have said you can shift the transfer case in Park or Neutral. I must have gotten the good one, my transfer shifts easily in Park. :p

Under some conditions it will shift in park, if working correctly it is also easy to bind it in park. Try this; park on a slight hill/incline, shift park, take your foot off of the brake to allow the park pawl to hold the rig, now attempt to shift low. The park pawl is in the trans, so it loads/binds the transfer gears when activated. If you can pull the transfer out of H into N the rig will start rolling and grind when going into L, Park is not active with the transfer in N. So yes, under some conditions it will shift in park, but will always easily shift in neutral, imho, better to just shift it with the trans in neutral, especially for someone new to the rig.:meh:

It has lockers! And only 140k miles Bought it today for only 6300. Will post pics on another thread when I get it home.

:cool::cheers:

ToolsRUs: Sounds good.

tone33 said:
It has lockers! And only 140k miles Bought it today for only 6300. Will post pics on another thread when I get it home.

NICE! Congrats, itching to see some pics.

Someone just said "if you don't have pics, you didn't actually just get a Cruiser with lockers"

Not sure who, but I heard em....

:beer:

Last edited:
Pics or you didn't get an 80 with lockers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom