is it me, or do darker-colored 80s look smaller? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I got my '94 out today, and beside the '91, it looked like a Kia -- there's got to be something illusory going on here, but it just looks smaller --

-- sorry, Woody, if this isn't technical enough, but it's all I can do for now -- everything's A-OK on my cruisers -- today -- !!

e

There is something very wrong with the green one. Sell it to me for $5000 before it starts to make other things smaller :D As you have no wife, you still need if full sized :D

It could be the weed you were smokin :D

the 91's just got a big ol ass...flop the 94 around for double penetration and they'll look the same....

You need to cut back some before it's too late! :D

I think I know the answer here. :rolleyes:

You have 16 inch wheels on the 91 from a 93-up right?

The flares on the 91-2 are narrower than on a 93-up. I bet that is what's throwing you off, (in addition to some cheap beer :beer: )

[glow=black,2,2] '91 ??? I thought it was a diecast ~~ :p[/glow]

[glow=black,2,2]T Y L E R

[color=0000FF]T[/color][color=0008FF]O[/color][color=0010FF]Y[/color][color=0018FF]O[/color][color=0020FF]T[/color][color=0028FF]A [/color][color=0030FF]F[/color][color=0038FF]Z[/color][color=0040FF]J[/color][color=0048FF]8[/color][color=0050FF]0 [/color][color=0058FF]C[/color][color=0060FF]R[/color][color=0068FF]U[/color][color=0070FF]I[/color][color=0078FF]S[/color][color=0080FF]E[/color][color=0088FF]R[/color][color=0090FF]S [/color][color=0098FF]R[/color][color=00A0FF]O[/color][color=00A8FF]C[/color][color=00B0FF]K [/color][color=00B8FF]![/color][color=00C0FF]![/color][color=00C8FF]![/color][/glow]

Ahhh - You're just trying to show off that you have 2 Cruisers while some of us are still dreaming about getting one! :D

Seriously, I think there is truth to the illusion thing. I know that in the entertainment industry, they always preach that dark clothing makes you look skinnier while light colors make you look fatter.

haha -- okay -- dan and 97 are right, I guess -- darker is to make things look smaller and the flares may be smaller --

-- but honestly, when I pulled the emerald green one out today, it looked like a Ford Escape, sitting next to my '91 --

:)

e

darker colors do make things(Cruisers included) look smaller, thats why fat people looks skinnier in black.

also tinting windows makes a car/truck look lower.

Ummm, my son will take your extra one so I don't have to keep beating him off of mine, and I've got 2 years to go b4 he drives. One area he's grown up right in!

Dark colored Cruisers are smaller, weaker, less powerful and far less desirable than the light colored ones. In fact, the lighter the color, the more powerful the Cruiser and, by logical extension, it's owner.

Proof positive is Junk hates white Cruisers.

Don't tell anyone though, it'll just drive up the prices of the good ones. :D

I heard the dark ones were bigger....must be an urban legend :flipoff2:

I have a 91 with 16" rims and the flares are noticably narrower than later model rigs.

Even more evidence that the 91-92 vintage is the best.

3FE Powa!

I have a light colored 91 & dark colored 94 as well, I thought the same thing. Side by side in the garage they are identical height, width, etc, except for the slightly wider flares as CDan said. With the wheel/tire combo I have on the 91 it looks more appealing. I'm having a hard time convincing myself to sell it but doing the cruiser shuffle in the driveway is getting old (my wife likes her Honda to occupy one spot in the garage). If only I could convince her I need both Cruisers, one DD & one heavily modified, off-road mean, rip-snortin, SOB. :)

6M1, Emerald green all the way :flipoff2:

(it matches my slippers :rolleyes: )

Only cheap bastages drive white cars :whoops:

Sometimes a cheap bastage student like me gets his hands on one of them 6M1 beauties though. :flipoff2:

Darker does look smaller but all in all they are the same.

You've been washing the 6M1 in hot water, that will shrink them everytime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom