Is it just me, or is this thing slipping? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Eicca

Professional Noob
Threads
My parents' 1999 Hundy rolls backward when idling in gear facing up an incline. My 1992 FJ80 does not roll, on the same incline. The 80 is also better at engine braking than the Hundy is...

If I give the Hundy the slightest bit of gas while its rolling, it'll stop and hold.

Problems? :confused:

Still strange to me that the 100-series is the first vehicle I've ever met that does this...

What I should do is find some other Hundys to drive and compare.

Eicca said:
Still strange to me that the 100-series is the first vehicle I've ever met that does this...

What I should do is find some other Hundys to drive and compare.

mine rolls back on a 'very' steep incline but on most Inclines it'll hold. I assume the 100 is lots heavier than the 80 so im not sure that's a fair comparison. How steep is the grade and do you have extra weight/gear?

if you recognize its a steep grade and you're jut comparing to another (lighter) vehicle I wouldnt be concerned - pretty sure tht's normal.

Last edited:
I say normal.

Every automatic I've ever driven is the same in effect but the balance point (drive creep?) is slightly different.

This one is stock, the 80 is getting heavier by the day :D and the incline is fairly tame. I'd guess 4%

I'll keep an eye on it...

My 80 rolled back on inclines. Haven't test the 100 yet, but I think it's just part of the A343F tranny design.

It's normal. As previously stated, it's a hydrodynamic fluid coupling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom