AltFuel Is home oil heating diesel oil the same as diesel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Diesel in Canada is yellowish. Home heating fuel is pink/red.

Cops anywhere can and do dip any diesel vehicle they choose to dip. The fines are steep everywhere.

So what if they dip and find veggie? I assume the fine is the same?

John Galt, that is good to know!

josho... in a US state, a fellow who had a bumper sticker to the effect that he burns veggie was fined HEAVILY. Here in Quebec, I get a rebate for burning LICENCED biodiesel (from an official licenced supplier, blah blah). I just got a check for $143 for 6 months of fuel in 2008.

So, it may come down to regional jurisdiction, prejudice, etc. I was once fined for making compost ON FARM LAND, based on a municipal by-law, despite loud campaigns by government about recycling. Pea-brained municipal authorities (although one was fired over the incident and his environmentally retarded comments to the TV, radio, newspapers) were still able to enforce their ignorance. I was sentenced to 12 days in jail for refusing to pay the fine. I wiped out the 12 days in jail by doing community service, which turned out to be some database work for a church. I cleaned up 2 weeks of work in 2 days and he sent me home with my release papers signed. They had never seen a criminal who could manage data before.

Progress is slow and there will be fallout.

Wow that somehow reminds of the song "Alice's Restaurant"... hehe

I wonder if you could re-dye your fuel? You know, bring along some yellowish dye and toss it into the tank every time you use heating oil or marked fuel? Heh, heh...

If the authorities are reading this, please note this is pure speculation and I am not planning on doing any of this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom