Is EV conversion possible for Hundy's? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The city I live in banned NG for new construction. I can’t imagine the cost of heating a whole house with electricity.
You are probably thinking of using electric resistance heating, and yea that would be super expensive, but manufacturers are actually producing some really efficient heat pump heaters that bring the cost way down.

I'd move. Cooking with electric is almost as bad as a politician who would make you.
Yea…I couldn’t agree more. Gas and an actual flame just feels right for cooking.

You are probably thinking of using electric resistance heating, and yea that would be super expensive, but manufacturers are actually producing some really efficient heat pump heaters that bring the cost way down.

Yea…I couldn’t agree more. Gas and an actual flame just feels right for cooking.
Heat pumps works great maybe in a place like LA when it's 50F at the coldest but they don't work when it's below 30F.

EVs have heat pumps and resistive heaters, they have to switch to resistive when the temp gets too low and then the range gets cut in half.

Electric heating in CO or another place with real winters is impossible.

General Motors on Tuesday said it is launching a new business unit, called GM Energy, that will offer people a variety of products and services to help people produce and store electricity at homes and offices. GM Energy will sell battery packs, solar panels and cloud software that will connect electric vehicles to energy utility companies. With the new unit, GM is getting in on an energy production and storage business model similar to what Tesla has done and crosstown Detroit rival Ford is also pursuing. GM’s home energy systems are slated to go on sale next year, alongside the launch of the 2024 Chevrolet Silverado EV.

General Motors on Tuesday said it is launching a new business unit, called GM Energy, that will offer people a variety of products and services to help people produce and store electricity at homes and offices. GM Energy will sell battery packs, solar panels and cloud software that will connect electric vehicles to energy utility companies. With the new unit, GM is getting in on an energy production and storage business model similar to what Tesla has done and crosstown Detroit rival Ford is also pursuing. GM’s home energy systems are slated to go on sale next year, alongside the launch of the 2024 Chevrolet Silverado EV.

Nope.

Some people don't read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom