1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Borla exhaust for 4.5 I6 meet EPA?

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by hfpieratt, Oct 23, 2003.

1. hfpieratt

hfpieratt

Does the Borla exhaust cause any emissions problems for the 4.5 liter I6 motor? I know it has a million mile warranty but does that pertain to it's emissions? I hope to keep my wagon for a long time.

They are very strict about that stuff here in Texas now.

2. cruiserdan

cruiserdan SupportingVendor Emeritus Moderator

Surrounded by Cruisers from all over the world
    I doubt there is an emmisions issue as it is a post-cat system. After the exhaust exits the cats the emissions system is thru with it. You could possibly have an issue if you lived in an area that enforced some type of noise ordinance.

3. hfpieratt

hfpieratt

So the muffler itself has no effect on the emissions? Everything that does have an effect is from the motor up to the cats? If that is indeed the case will a K & N filter have an effect?

4. landtank

landtank SILVER Star

Putting a free flow exhaust of filter in basically allows the engine to work easier at getting the air to move through the system. As long as those changes aren't drastic so the ECU can manage the mix properly it isn't a problem. When I put on the Borla I did get a CE light. But I was at 119k so a tuneup and a rest of the ECU and it's been fine.