Is an 81 FJ40 Gas tank the same as an 81 BJ42 Diesel Tank? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
I'm currently doing a frame off restoration on my Dec 81 FJ40 that I'm converting to a 3B. I have a complete & running 81 BJ42 I'm using for parts since it's body and frame are crap. My question is this, is it true that I have to lift the tub off the frame to remove the fuel tanks? Also, are the gas and diesel fuel tanks the same? The reason is, I'm taking the one in best condition to have it undergo the TankRenu thing. Thanks, SuperDuperCruizer

I am not at home to check my EPC, however I will "guess" they are the same. You will have to change out the fuel pick-up if you use the gasser tank, as the diesel 3B tank has no return line.

You can drop the tank while on the body is on the frame.

hth's

gb

EPC shows 77100-60045 for both the FJ4* and BJ4* for 79/05-82/10. 77001-60055 shows for the FJ4* and BJ4* from 82/10-86/04.

hth's

gb

as Greg said the tanks are the same...
what are you using for a body on that puppy?
make sure you post pics...
cheers

My body tub from my FJ is in good/restoreable condition...

I plan on using CCOT's steel bed and rear wheel wells. I have factory quarter panels for the driver's and passenger's side. I also have the factory driver's side rocker panel. Everything is in pretty good shape. I'll post picts soon... I just finished inslalling cable lockers in the front/rebuilding the front axle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom